General Poetry posted July 23, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Seeing with eyes wide open.

The beauty of ordinary (Haibun)

by DALLAS01

The beauty of ordinary.

As today comes to an end, I realize that I no longer need chaos to put me to bed. The need to escape life no longer chases me around the confines of yesterday's cell block. Fear and anxiety where are you? Are you still lurking in the seams of my new garments? The ones I am growing comfortable in? Delusion... I see through your camouflage. Highs disguised as fun. Lust whispering love. And excitement that nearly drove me over the edge. Tonight, as I sink my soul into a softer pillow, I will coax my dreams to unfold in softer hues.

contentment
captures blushing garden
peace presides

The camera's rolling. Capturing the subtle nuances of my morning. Hazelnut coffee in my favorite mug; a squirrel scampering up the mighty oak outside my window. I can almost touch the gratitude I feel for the cool refreshing shade it provides as I saunter to the porch. My new awareness breathes in the fragrance of the roses as they scale the sun dappled trellis and I sense serenity stroking me awake. With a cleansed heart, I accept the invitation to unwrap another extraordinary day.



Recognized





Thanks to cleo85 for the artwork
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DALLAS01 All rights reserved.
DALLAS01 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.