General Fiction posted July 21, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Commentary

Jesus Never Browbeat Anyone

by patcelaw




















Jesus Never Browbeat Anyone

I have been a Christian for a long time (58+ years) but it is not so long that I have forgotten from where I came and to where I am now. My life was a total mess until I met Jesus and made Him my Savior. He came into my life, forgave me and shows his love to me daily.

Did I right at the start have all the answers to what I now believe? Far from it! I am saying this because there are some who will judge others because they do not believe exactly as they themselves do. If any say they knew all the answers from the very day they were saved. I question that, as I know we are not given all the answers from the point of salvation and all is settled. It takes a lot of reading and studying of God's word to determine answers for ourselves.

If there be those who are judging others because they differ in a few ways with us, we need to stop and remember our own faith journey. As far as my faith is concerned, I have had to adjust what I believe when it is a wrong belief that is opposed to the Word of God.

As a Christian, I refuse to question the faith of another just as I do not want my faith to be questioned by others. We will all stand alone before God and answer to Him for how we treated others in our walk here on planet earth.

So let us purpose to accept the word of another who clearly states they have made a decision for Jesus as their Lord and Savior and allow them to grow in their faith, just as we have grown in our own faith.

Jesus never browbeat anyone into coming to Him for salvation, so for us to be like Jesus we need to be tender and loving in our responses to others.


-Patricia Lawrence
7-21-17



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.