General Fiction posted July 12, 2017 Chapters: -Prologue- 1... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
...you can decide whether it's love or not

A chapter in the book The Products of Love

What makes a love story?

by Mustang Patty

What is the definition of a love story? Do all love stories have to include a love that endures forever? Is there a time requirement for something to be considered a love story? Or is love the common theme that unites relationships whether they be short lived or go on for all time?

This love story, if that's how one would define it, endures in its own way over several decades. The two people are entwined by a product of their love -- a child. Though neither one of them raised this little boy, he is the common thread in both of their stories.

Jenny, our heroine, falls madly in love. She fantasizes about a life-long commitment from the very start. Ron, perhaps wrongly carrying the role of the antagonist, is simply entranced by a lovely girl with beautiful eyes and a winning smile.

After reading this work, it is up to you to determine if this was love, or merely lust. Are there lessons to be learned? What could have been different for the story to end on a happier note?

Thank you for reading and your willingness to come along for the ride.

~patty~



Recognized


thanks to David Ruhl for the use of 'Hearts on Ice' to enhance the story.
I wrote this story based on a friend's recollections. I've known her for over thirty years and I was there at the beginning. Through the magic of the internet and free long distance, I've been able to hear the whole story.

With her permission, I've developed a story line based on what happened between her and her lover. The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the guilty.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.