Spiritual Non-Fiction posted June 24, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
We are grateful for what?

A pagan's prayer.

by aryr


A PAGAN PRAYER.

Mother Earth, I give thanks for your beauty that I see each day. The greenery of the trees, the grasses, the crops. The trees that grow upward to reach to Father Sky. The beauty of the dirt filled with rocks, of gems that we can behold and of the mud. The freshness of the water that falls from the sky to fill the streams, the rivers, the ponds, the lakes, the oceans.

Father Sky, I give thanks for the beauty from above. The beauty of the blueness. The brightness and the warmth of the sun. The fluffiness of the clouds. The rain and snow that fall to our faces as cried tears. The beauty of the night stars. The freshness of the wind which carry messages, music and life.

Brother Night, I give thanks for the beauty of the night. We truly have nothing to fear from the darkness; but we are glad of your protection as we sleep, as we dream and if need be as we travel. Thank you for the beauty of the stars.

Sister Moon, my lady, I give thanks for the magik which you radiate. I thank you for sharing your wisdom and for a clearer understanding.

Of the east and air, the south and fire, the west and water, the north and earth, of above and love and of below and trust; I give thanks for the blessing and bounties from the elements of the directions.

I am honored to receive the knowledge and awareness of my environment and my growth. I assume nothing to be considered to be my right. I am blessed.




Should we not be grateful and give thanks on a daily basis? Thank you to cleo85 for the artwork titled the Forces of Nature.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.