Biographical Non-Fiction posted May 25, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Biographical happening

Dream Or Nightmare

by patcelaw





















Zechariah 14:11-12 King James Version

11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.


As a seven year old at the end of WW II, I had apparently heard a report of what happened to people when the bombs were dropped on Japan . That night I dreamed or had a nightmare that would be best described in Zechariah 14:12. In the nightmare I was standing and watching the people around me have their flesh being consumed and their eyes and tongues consume away and there was fire all around the scene. I can remember awakening and I was trembling at the sight, because in the scene were some of my family members including my twin brother whom I loved so dearly. From time to time I would recall the dream/nightmare and could not really understand it until I was reading through my Bible and came across this passage from the minor prophet Zechariah. I really do not remember the radio report, but I am sure that must have been the cause of my dream/nightmare.

Is it possible that what happened to me be connected to the following verse?


Joel 2:28 King James Version

28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:


-Patricia Lawrence
5-25-17

 




I was not sure if I should put a warning on this, but felt I didn't need t warn, since it is essentially about how the Bible passage reads.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.