Biographical Non-Fiction posted May 3, 2017 Chapters:  ...30 31 -32- 33... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
...how it all started

A chapter in the book Pet Stories

The Beginnings of my pet stories

by Mustang Patty




Over the years, I've been blessed to have pets share and enhance my life.  At this stage of my life, Bernie and Howie follow me everywhere and bring me a great deal of joy.  For many years, cats shared my house and heart.  I've compiled some older postings, and I will add to this book of Pet Stories as often as I can.  Since my house has many pictures of the felines and canines who have graced my life, it shouldn't be hard to come up with a story or two.
 
I will talk about my very first kitten, Penny, and take you through the trail of cats with names like Leo, Simba, and Mufasa.  I will also tell you tales of my beautiful kitties, Rain and Storm.  There may not have been as many dogs as cats, but they all have their own stories, too.  These dog stories of Inky, Bear, Honey, and Harley will stand side by side with Bernie and Howie tails…um, tales.
 
I came to love stories about animals in the sixth grade.  My school library had a collection of books written by Albert Payson Terhune.  Mr. Terhune, who was born in New Jersey, lived from 1872 until 1942.  He was a prolific writer, known mostly for his books about dogs.  During his years of writing, and breeding collies, he produced thirty dog-focused novels, such as 'Lad, a Dog,' 'Wolf,' and 'A Dog named Chips.'  Many of his dog stories were published in the 20s and 30s in 'Redbook,' 'Saturday Evening Post,' and 'Ladies Home Journal.'
 
After reading many of his books, I began to write stories about my pets using his anthropomorphized style.  Basically, I personify each of my animals with their own personality traits.  These stories are some of the favorite things I write.
 
Though the only pets I currently have are Howie and Bernie, my furry little boys, I often think of the pets that have enriched my life and graced the page.  I'm sure that other pet lovers will be able to relate to these stories.
 
I hope you will enjoy these stories as much as I've been happy to share them with you.



 



Recognized


All of the photos included in the stories of this book are mine. I dabble in photography and I have a huge collection of photos.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.