Fantasy Fiction posted April 24, 2017 Chapters: 2 3 -4- 5... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Unleashed Chaos/A Novel of the Breedline series

A chapter in the book Unleashed Chaos

The Angel of Healing/Part Two

by scongrove


Previously...

As Eve—pregnant with Sebastian’s twins—awaits her punishment for the crimes against the Breedline, she receives a mysterious visit from Raphael, the Angel of healing.  After he heals the tiny innocent lives inside her womb from the clutches of evil, Raphael mends Eve’s broken heart and the pain from her tortured childhood. Before he vanishes, he erases her memories of his visit, leaving her with peaceful thoughts as she drifts into a dream of a future filled with happiness and a loving family.    
 

Continued...

As Eve woke, she sat up feeling like she was going to be sick. When she looked down, a black cat was curled up beside her sound asleep. How did you get in here? She wondered as her stomach churned, making her nauseous. Swinging her feet off the bed, she planted them on the floor and scrambled toward the bathroom. After retching up last night’s dinner, she washed her hands and face. 
 
Glancing at herself in the mirror, she gasped. The reflection staring back was horrific. Her long hair was a tangled mess, and her face had hollowed out like all the fat had gone from her cheeks. Noticing the dark circles under her eyes, she winced when she saw the veins in her neck. They were thick and blue underneath her paper white skin.

When Eve looked down at her belly, her eyes widened. In a panic, she pulled up her nightgown. What? She couldn’t believe the size of her stomach. She was only four months along in her pregnancy but looked as if she was in her full term trimester. Overnight, it had grown to the size of a basketball. It was as if she had lost twenty pounds, except for her belly. She doubted she would even be able to pull her pants on. Under her palms, she felt a fluttering movement coming from inside. 

Her first instinct was to reach for the phone to call the Breedline’s physician. Instead, she sat on the top of the toilet, and hung her head, trying to calm down. She knew a succubus’s pregnancy went by fast, even after birth. The babies would rapidly continue to grow until they reached the growth spurt of a two-year-old. And then after, they would grow at a healthy rate.  
  
For her past crimes, the Breedline placed Eve in guarded living quarters that attached to the Covenant. It was a one bedroom, with one bathroom, a small dining area, and a tiny kitchenette. After the birth of Eve’s twins, they would be taken away from her while the council decided her fate. She hoped for a lesser punishment since she willingly gave herself over to the Breedline and helped Sarah Chamberlain escape from the Chiang-shih demon.

Eve released a long sigh, thinking about her beloved. Was Sebastian’s soul back in control of his body after being freed of the demon’s possession? And was he searching for her? Would he even still want her… and his unborn children?

Trying not to lose it completely, she headed for the closet and searched for something to wear. After going through all her clothes, and not finding a single thing that fit, she finally pulled on a pair of sweats. Turning toward the bed, she noticed the cat was gone. She quickly reached for the blanket, tugged it off the mattress and found nothing underneath. She could have sworn she’d seen a black cat lying on the bed, or was her subconscious playing tricks with her? Tossing the thought aside, she headed down a small winding stairwell as her thinking went straight to food. The sudden spike of hunger hit her so hard; Eve felt like she could eat an entire cow.

Opening a flap door that led into a small kitchen, she walked up to the cabinets and picked out a can of soup. As she poured the contents into a pot, she felt her stomach move. After heating the soup, she poured it into a bowl and reached for a baguette and some butter. Slowly maneuvering herself onto a bar stool, she picked up a spoon and dug in. “Mmmm,” she murmured contently. The warm, salty liquid tasted perfect and felt soothing as it ran down the back of her throat and into her stomach.

All at once, everything Eve had eaten headed for the fire exit at the same time, her stomach contracting without warning. Hopping off the bar stool, she barely made it to the trash as it all came back up, reverse as it went down. The heaving kept her bent over until her eyes watered, her head pounded, and her throat was nothing but raw. When it finally came to an end, she lowered her hot, sweaty forehead on the kitchen’s cool, tiled counter top. Maybe it was time to ask for the Breedline doctor, she thought. The fact that she was a half-breed and not a full blood succubus made her worry. She could have some unknown complications, or she could be getting close to being in labor. Or maybe she just needed blood.

As Eve glanced over her shoulder, her first instinct was to run and try to escape. The problem was, she had no place to go—and there were two guards right outside her door at all times. Surely if she asked, the Breedline would provide her with proper medical treatment, she thought. Shaking her head, this was precisely why she hadn’t wanted any children in the past, but now that she was pregnant, her feelings had changed.

Snapping into action, she wobbled over toward the door and slowly turned the knob. When she pulled it open, both guards instantly turned in her direction. With one hand on her stomach and the other used to prop herself up, she suddenly became dizzy. Losing her balance, she tilted backward as one of the guards rushed over just in time to catch her fall.

Gathering Eve up, the guard lifted her into his arms. “Hauld oan, miss,” he said in a heavy Scottish accent. “I’ll get ye tae th’ docur.”

“Thank you,” her voice croaked, resting her head in the crook of his arm.

With enough concealed weapons on him to blow up a tank—the guard carried her into the Breedline’s exam room. As he gently lowered her onto a thinly padded table, the other guard went to search for Helen.

Glancing around the room, Eve saw all white walls that matched the pale white floor. Over in the corner was a sterile sink with glass cabinets and various shiny, silver instruments she didn’t recognize, and not a window in sight.

“I’m going to be sick,” she mumbled into her hand.

Quickly, the guard rushed toward a trash container and grabbed it. When he brought it over to her, she dry heaved into it. After her sickness had passed, she eased back and gestured him to take it away. Fatigue held Eve in its relentless grasp, and her distressed thoughts consumed her.

“Aur ye sure yer done?” he asked.

She smiled faintly at his concern. “Yes, I think that’s all I have left in my stomach.”

Taking a seat next to the door, he had to squeeze into the chair. His massive body overflowed the armrests and the back cushion.

“What’s your name?” Eve asked in a weak tone.

He straightened in his chair. “Ye shoods be restin’, miss.”

“I’m sorry.” She drew in a breath and then let it out. “I’m just trying to pass the time.”

“Mah name is Bruce.” He cleared his throat. “Bruce Carmichael.”

“Thank you, Bruce.”

With a slight nod, his dark eyes softened.

“Do you have any children, Bruce?”

Absently, he shook his head without saying a word.

“Do you have a bonded mate?”

He gave another shake of the head.

“Do you have family here?”

He got a kick out of the lengths she went to keep the conversation going. He grinned. “Did ye used tae be a reporter?”

“Sorry,” she apologized again. “I’m just trying to make conversation. I guess it’s my nerves.”

Bruce let out a long exhale. And as he fell silent, she figured, damn it, she had made him feel awkward. God, she missed Sebastian.

Suddenly, the door swung open, and a young female came in.

She had short curly hair, a tiny frame and she couldn’t have been much over five feet tall. “I’m sorry. I got here as fast as I could,” Cassie said, entering the room. “Hi, I’m Dr. Chamberlain.” She reached down to Eve with her hand and smiled. “Helen’s tied up in an emergency at the hospital. I’m a pediatrician at the same hospital she practices. I can examine you if that’s okay.”

For a split second, Eve worried about the physician not knowing anything about her species. There were anatomical differences in the two. What if she couldn’t help her?

Waiting for her reply, Cassie said, “Miss?”

Eve snapped back to reality. “Yes, of course.” A weary question slipped into her mind. “But… you do know I’m a half-breed, right?” 

Cassie nodded. “Yes, I do. Don’t worry. I’ve treated your species before,” she explained. “If it eases your mind, I helped Helen deliver Tim and Angel’s baby. She’s also a half-breed.”

“I’m sorry.” Eve drew in a deep breath, afraid and yet determined. “I was just—“

“Don’t worry about it.” Cassie smiled. “I completely understand.”

For absolutely no good reason, Eve felt the urge to cry—and got control before the tears rolled out of her eyes. She sucked in a breath. “My name is Eve,” she uttered in a cracked, hoarse voice.

Eve noticed Cassie had a beautiful yellow diamond on her right finger as she placed her hand gently over hers. “It’s going to be okay, Eve,” Cassie reassured her. “And you are?” she said, offering her hand to the guard standing quietly over by the door.

“Bruce Carmichael.” He quickly moved closer and extended a shaking hand to the doctor. “Aam ‘er guard.”

Noticing his accent, Cassie cocked a brow. “Oh, you must be a Scottie?” 

“Aye,” he replied in a deep, raspy voice.

“I take it you’ve been ordered not to leave her sight?” 
 
He nodded in agreement. “Aye, ma’am.”

Cassie looked away, focusing back on Eve. “Okay, so let’s start off with a blood sample to speed things along.”

A few minutes later, Cassie filled a few small vials of blood. Then, she found the chart Helen had for Eve. After she looked over the file, she asked, “Have you been taking the prenatal vitamins Helen gave you?”  

“Yes,” Eve said without hesitation.

“Your chart says you should only be four months along, and … with twins?”

Eve held her breath and forced herself to remain calm. Without saying a word, she nodded in response to her question.

Cassie rolled a chair next to Eve and sat down. “I’d like to do an ultrasound so we can see what’s going on.”

“Can we do it now?” Eve nervously asked.

“Absolutely,” Cassie replied. Opening a drawer, she took out a small tube and showed it to Eve. “This is ultrasound gel. It will be a little cold, but it will help transmit signals between the ultrasound probe and the skin’s surface.”

Eve nodded as Cassie pulled back her top and revealed her rounded belly. She flinched at the cold sensation when Cassie squirted the gel onto her bare skin.

“Sorry,” Cassie said softly, moving the probe around. “Let’s see if we can hear the heartbeats.”

Suddenly, a tiny rhythm sounded out. Moving it around, Cassie noticed another rhythm that almost kept up with the first one. “Yup, we have two heartbeats,” she declared. “They’re healthy and strong, too.”

Eve was speechless. She could only blink at the ceiling tiles above her. And then Eve looked at the images displayed on the monitor. Tears instantly slid down her cheeks when she saw her babies for the first time. “Are they healthy?” she asked, wiping her tears away.

Looking away from the monitor, Cassie turned toward Eve. “Yes, they’re perfectly healthy.” She reached over with her other hand and grabbed a box of tissues. Holding it out for Eve, she said, “We’ll know more when your blood results come back from the lab. I’ll take them to the hospital as soon as I finish. Since you’re half succubus, the babies will be at full term in another two weeks. You should be ready to deliver by the end of this month.”

Eve went completely still as she grappled with what Cassie had just told her. Trying to get her brain to register, she pulled out a tissue and wiped her eyes. “I don’t understand... only two more weeks?”

“That’s normal for a succubus,” Cassie explained. “Don’t worry. I’ll make sure Helen, and I are here to monitor you until then. Would you like to know what the sexes of the babies are?”
 
In a trembling voice, Eve replied, “Y-yes, please.”

Cassie smiled. “You’re having boys.” 

Instantly, Eve’s brain snapped back into action. Taking control of herself, she inhaled a deep breath and slowly exhaled. Then, she lost it all over again as tears flowed down her cheeks, aware that Cassie and Bruce were the only ones in the room—and she was glad of it. She didn’t like anyone seeing her falling apart, and at the moment she was completely open and exposed.

As Eve collapsed in a fit of sobs, Cassie tried to calm her. “It’s okay, Eve.” Her voice was soothing. “You’re going to be fine.”

Cassie’s words filled her with hope, and her caring heart humbled her. It made her want to be a better person. All of a sudden, Eve felt her belly move. At that moment, a flush of joy flooded through her body, making her feel alive in a way she hadn’t been in a very, very long time. Eve fell in love with her sons at that moment. She smiled through her tears and stress, and her sons were the cause of it. After she had given birth, she would find a way even if it took power to move heaven and hell; she would watch her children grow up.

“Thank you, Dr. Chamberlain.”

Cassie handed her a flimsy slip of paper. “It’s a picture from the ultrasound.”

Eve reached out and took the picture. She held it up like it was her most prized possession. “Look, Bruce!” Eve’s eyes lit up with excitement. “It’s my sons!”

Bruce moved next to Eve and looked at what she was holding out. She was astonished by his reaction. He had tears built up in his eyes. His manly, tight smile was proof he was holding his emotions in check.

“Aam happy fur ye,” he told her.

“Thank you, Bruce.”

Pulling herself back from the brink, Eve held on to two things: One, she’d heard their heartbeats, healthy and strong; and two, she was ready to be a mother.

Abruptly, a knock came from the door. Opening it slightly, Bruce peeped through the crack. Pulling it open all the way, he moved aside as Angel stepped in with Natalie in her arms.

“Is everything okay?” Angel asked with a concerned expression on her face. “I heard one of the guards say Eve needed a doctor.”

“Yes, come on in, Angel,” Cassie said, motioning her over. “Everything is fine. Eve’s just getting close to her delivery date.”

Eve broke down all over again when Angel came forward. Shame slid through Eve’s chest. A wave of guilt ate at her very soul. Angel reached out with her succubus side, and got into Eve’s mind, reading her thoughts. She sensed lots of sorrow and shame along with the joy of being a new mother. Eve blamed herself for a lot of things that had happened to others she’d wronged in the past. She desperately wanted to do right by them and be forgiven.

At that moment, Natalie reached out to Eve with a big smile on her face and pure joy radiating out. “Baa-beez,” she babbled, pointing at Eve’s belly.

Life was ironic sometimes, Eve thought. “Yes,” Eve said as she wiped her eyes and looked at Natalie. “There are two babies in my belly.”

Angel smiled. “Congratulations, Eve.”

Thank you,” Eve said, choking back tears.

Angel’s reaction was what Eve needed to hear at this moment. It was hard to explain... even to herself, but suddenly everything felt different, from the way Eve looked at everyone in the Covenant to how she looked at herself. Maybe there is hope for me after all, she thought.

To be continued...
 
 
 
 
 
 

 



Book of the Month contest entry


NOTE: This is not part of the chapter. A reference for Terms and Characters, especially for new readers.

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into a wolf. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans with a bite or scratch like the Lycanthropy myth.
The Breedline gene is passed down to offspring that are born identical twins. Although they live amongst human, their species must be kept secret.
In wolf form, they have super strength, speed, and heightened senses. Their lifespan is the same as a normal human, but they are immune to illness and disease. Only a silver bullet to the brain will kill them. All males change into their wolf at the age of eighteen. Females do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE TWINS - Identical twins that are born from either one or both parents of the Breedline species. They have a strong, unbreakable bond from birth, are born with telepathic abilities, and have the power to sense the other's emotions or injuries. In some cases, the bond between twins are so strong, if one dies, the other twin may pass on, especially if they don't have a mate.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends their life in search of their bonded mate. When the male comes in contact with her, he instantly feels a simultaneous, desirable attraction and she becomes the most important thing in his life. He is there to love, protect, and cherish her until death. Once they are mated, they bond for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

DOUBLE BONDED - In some cases, male Breedline twins bond with the same female; but one will carry a stronger bond. Usually one of them must sacrifice for the other twin.

BREEDLINE COVENANT - The Breedline species must live within the boundaries of a Covenant, which is only formed with their species. The Covenant is governed and ruled by a head council. The council keeps their laws in order and oversees the species population.

THE BREEDLINE QUEEN - Over centuries the Breedline Covenant is ruled by a true Queen. If there is no Queen living, the Covenants are governed by an appointed head council until another Queen is born. A Breedline Queen is born once every one hundred years. Her massive stature, black fur, and red eyes are the Queen's trademarks. Her alpha wolf has twice the strength, speed, and size of any Breedline. The Queen is expected to rule over all the Breedline Covenants where she will be respected and obeyed by all Breedline. This is their absolute True Law.

THE QUEENS RING - This ring has been passed down to all Breedline Queens for generations. When the new Queen places the ring on, it instantly shifts in size to fit her finger.

TRUE LAW - All Breedline Covenants have an ancient book of laws. If either sex disobeys the Breedline laws, they can be shunned, or no longer protected by their Covenant. If a Breedline takes another life out of revenge, or evil - other than protecting their life, and the life of another - they will never have the ability to shift back human and cast out as a rogue wolf.

ROGUE WOLF - A Breedline shunned by their Covenant for taking another life out of revenge or evil and forced to live as a wolf until death without the ability to change human again. Some rogue wolves form into packs, which can be dangerous for other Breedline species.

RED (BLOOD) MOON - When the full moon passes through the amber shadow of the earth, producing a midnight eclipse visible across North America. So begins a lunar eclipse tetrad, a series of four consecutive total eclipses occurring at approximately six-month intervals. This incredible light beams into the heart of earth's shadow, filling it with a coppery glow and transforming the moon into a great red orb. During this time, all Breedline species that are mated have a strong desire to create offspring. This is also a time when Breedline females are more fertile for the conception of twins.

CHIANG-SHIH DEMON (Kiang shi, a.k.a Ramael Arminius) - An ancient demon that inhabits the body of a Breedline fetus before it's born, or during a Breedline's death. It continues to take the soul over the natural lifespan of the child, or the deceased Breedline. When the demon possesses a fetus, it breaks the bonding and telepathic abilities of their twin when they are born. If the demon possesses a deceased Breedline's body, it must do so before the soul passes on. If the soul is not intact, the body will soon die.
In most cases, the Chiang-shih demon will take the life of the other twin, even before their birth. The twin that is born with the demon will bring only evil to whomever they encounter. Their sole purpose is to gain full control of another soul and seek world domination.
There are two ways the demon is cast from the soul it possesses: By its firstborn son, and the Angel of Mercy, Zadkiel. The Beast is the only one who can kill a Chiang-shih demon.

THE BEAST - He is the second born son of the Chiang-shih demon. When provoked into a rage, he will shift into his Beast instead of his Breedline wolf. The Beast is an enormous, dangerous two-footed creature that has wolf-like features. One bite has enough venom to kill the Chiang-shih demon and leave the soul of the person the demon possessed unharmed.

SHADOW WALKER (a.k.a Shadow Figure, or Black Mass) - The perception of a patch of shadow as a living, humanoid figure, particularly interpreted by the Breedline as the presence of a malevolent entity. When a Breedline species dies and does not pass on to the other side, they are left to roam the earth as a shadow of themselves - a ghost. They will not pass on until they have settled unfinished business before their death.

ZADKIEL (Tzadqiel, a.k.a "Righteousness of God") - The Archangel of freedom, benevolence, and mercy, and the Patron Angel of all who forgives. Breedline species tradition considers him to be the Angel of Mercy.

SUCCUBUS (a.k.a CREEPERS) - Creatures that search for, and feeds off the blood of the Breedline species. Creepers are skilled at extreme sexual pleasure, and the ecstasy they create is exceedingly intense and highly addictive. They cast off a scent that hypnotizes Breedlines into overwhelming sexual urges. They use their human-like bodies and beautiful features to control and influence their thoughts.
They have the ability to reach into the Breedline's mind during sleep, casting a spell of dreams about sexual contact, or intercourse. And one much less obvious manifestation of Creepers is nightmares - realistic, graphic, terrifying nightmares that rob the Breedline of sleep. Over a period, it can lead to severe fatigue and depression, leaving them emotionally and spiritually drained. Death can occur if they completely take over the Breedline's body.

HALF-BREED - This species is born with the genes from both Breedline and succubus. They can bond with either a full-blood Breedline or another half-breed. They do not have the ability to change into the Breedline wolf, but they do need blood from them to survive. With the power to hypnotize, most Breedlines have minimal respect and credence toward the half-breed species.

WICCA (or Wise One) - According to the Breedline species, a Wicca is the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts, and necromancy. A Wicca is also considered to be a demonic spirit. It is unclear to the Breedline if they act under the orders of the devil, or they are simply not understood and treated as outcasts. They have the ability to do white magic (good) or dark (evil).

KATAKO (a.k.a Lucas, or Dark Shadow) - He is the Chiang-shih demon's offspring that is born both Breedline and Wiccan. After one year, the Katako develops into an adult with the mind of a child, without reaching full maturity. It has the power to appear translucent, or become completely invisible. Being born half Breedline, it can shift into a wolf and transform, or mimic another creature with the power to instantly travel from one place to another. Their true purpose of creation is to bring forth the souls stuck in purgatory by using one drop of its blood. The Breedline Queen's bite is the only way to destroy it.

GOLEMS (a.k.a The Death Army) - Evil creatures created by dark Wiccans with the power of necromancy. By releasing the souls of demons stuck in purgatory, the Wicca can give them the ability to shape into a creature that is made from earth. These creatures have various qualities, such as mass strength, enormous stature, and the power to consume their victims by saturating them with mud.

GUARDIANS (a.k.a Spirits of the Forest) - They originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wicca. They have the ability to stay invisible with the power to move through any barrier and over any distance instantly.

THERIOMORPH - This species is born with the genes of a Breedline, but do not have the ability to change into a Breedline wolf. They shape shift into an enormous black panther. They possess powers of mind manipulation and random visions of the future. They must use the drug dopamine to suppress their urges. Their eye color shifts into a glowing lavender when their Theriomorph nature takes over. The Breedline see them as a threat to their species.

Jace Chamberlain (a.k.a The Beast) - He is a Breedline species which later discovers his birth father - who is possessed by the Chiang-shih demon - murdered his mother when he and his twin brother were four years old. Raised by their new foster family and their uncle Jacks, he later discovers he was born with a curse of the Beast. With the help of his twin brother Jem, and his bonded mate Tessa, they help him cope with his rage to keep the Beast at bay. He's an IT engineer and is the lead singer and plays acoustic guitar in the band Chaos.

Jem Chamberlain (a.k.a The Chosen Son) - He is a Breedline species and Jace's twin brother. He carries the gene of the Chiang-shih demon that gives him the power to create a portal, and a force of electric energy used as a weapon, and other powers he discovers later. His bonded mate is Mia Blackwood, and he's an IT engineer and the drummer in the band Chaos.

Tessa Fairchild - She was born into the human world and later discovers she's a Breedline. Abandoned by her parents, she was raised by her Aunt and Uncle without the knowledge of being born a twin. After she meets Jace, they become bonded mates. During her first change into her Breedline wolf, she is the new Breedline Queen. She is an inspiring artist.

Dr. John and Sarah Chamberlain - They are Jace, Jem and Cassie's adopted human parents. They are physicians in a children's unit, and also donate their time to the emergency center.

Chester and Amelia Ewan - They are called Guardians - a species originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wiccan.

Jackson Gray - He is Jace and Jem's biological uncle - Katlyn Gray's older brother. Although he carries the gene of the Breedline, he does not shift into a wolf. Only Breedline's born with an identical twin have the ability to change into their wolf. He's a medical supply pilot.

Mia Blackwood - She is a half-breed and Jem's bonded mate. Abandoned at birth and raised in human foster care, she later finds her twin sister, Eve.

EVE - She is a half-breed and Sebastian's bonded mate. Growing up in human foster care, she spent her entire childhood abused until Sebastian saves her. Scorned from her past, she lashes out in anger, living a life of crime later to discover her twin sister, Mia Blackwood. After realizing the Chiang-shih demon possesses Sebastian, Eve clings to the past in hopes of reuniting with her beloved. Now that Sebastian is finally free of the demon, she has trust issues, worried he has an alternative plan for their sons.

Sebastian Crow - He is a half-breed, and Eve's bonded mate. After he had been killed by Jace in self- defense, he was possessed by the Chiang-shih demon after the Angel of Mercy cast him out of Alexander's body. As he tried to portray Sebastian's life, Eve finally figured out his secret. Keeping her captive only to survive on her blood, he later develops feelings for her. The demon creates a death army, determined to dominate the world and unleash his wrath amongst humans and the Breedline. Now free from the demon, he is determined to reunite with his beloved Eve who is kept prisoner by the Breedline Covenant awaiting trial for her past crimes against them.

Alexander Crest - He is a Breedline who was possessed by the Chiang-shih demon before birth. Murdering his family, Alexander kidnapped his twin's bonded mate, Katlyn Gray. Keeping her prisoner against her will, she becomes pregnant with his twins. As she managed to escape before she gave birth, Alexander eventually kills her in a fit of rage. Returning for his chosen son twenty-two years later, he is determined to convince him to join his army. After the battle between the Breedline, the demon is finally cast out of Alexander setting his soul free. For the demon's past crimes, Alexander is pardoned and must reside in the Breedline Covenant. Praying for forgiveness, he reunites with his twin sons, Jace and Jem. As he fights to keep his new family safe, romance blossoms with Dr. Helen Carrrington.

Tim Ross - He is a Breedline species and head council of the California Covenant. Angel, his bonded mate - who is a half-breed - has Tim's daughter they named Natalie, after her sister.

Angel - She is a half-breed and Tim's bonded mate.

Natalie - She is a half-breed and Tim and Angel's daughter.

Kyle Jones - He is a Breedline species that resides in the California Covenant. Having lost his family to a house fire at childhood, his uncle Tim Ross has raised him since. Celina Baldolf is his bonded mate. He's a mechanic and also Jace and Jem's close friend, and plays bass in the rock band Chaos.

Casey Barton - He was born of the Breedline species, and lives in the California Covenant. He was adopted by Tim Ross's brother and carries a deep dark secret, afraid to reveal to the Breedline. He is a clothing model and plays backup bass and keyboards in the band Chaos.

Dr. Helen Carrington - She is a Breedline species and a physician at the California Bates hospital for both Breedlines and humans. Later, she discovers Jace and Jem carry a gene, possibly used for a cure to stop the aging process in her species. After Alexander's demon is banished, he is pardoned for all past crimes and welcomed into the Breedline Covenant. When he meets Helen, they become bonded mates.

Drakon Hexus - He is a Breedline species. At a young age, his first bonded mate was killed by her father. In a rage, he hunts and kills her murderer, breaking the Breedline's True Law. Shunned by his Covenant and forced to live as a rogue wolf, he's promised his humanity back if he joins the Chiang-shih demon's army. After Drakon discovers the demon's plans to destroy all humans and half-breeds, he betrays him and joins forces with the Breedline. As time passes, he bonds with another mate, Cassie Chamberlain.

Cassie Chamberlain - Adopted at age two by Jace and Jem's adopted parents after her mother abandons her. Later, she discovers she is a Breedline species and bonds with the handsome Drakon Hexus. She is a nurse practitioner, specializing in the neonatal intensive care unit.

Malachi O'Conner - He was born a Breedline species, and shunned by the Breedline Covenant after breaking their True Law. Alexander Crest's demon later forced him into joining his army of rogue wolves. After he had tried to escape, he endured cruel torture from the Alexander's Chiang-shih demon. He was later rescued by the Breedline and pardoned for his past crimes.

Celina Baldolf - She is a Breedline species with the power of a Wiccan, but only practices white witchcraft. Her twin sister Taliah - a dark Wicca - murdered their parents when they were twelve years old. Dr. Helen Carrington is their aunt, and Kyle Jones is Celina's Breedline bonded mate. She is an editor for a local publishing company.

Taliah Baldolf - She is a Breedline species and the mother of the Katako. Using her powers as a dark Wiccan, she joins forces with the Chiang-shih demon to create his death army. After she threatens to kill the Breedline Queen, the Beast overpowers her and sends her to her death.

Samuel Mercier - He is a Breedline and a council member from France that has secretly turned against his own Covenant to help the Chiang-shih demon. He and his other Breedline traitors go into hiding after the Breedline destroy the demon, desperate to seek revenge against the Covenant.

Fredrick Mercier - He is a Breedline and Samuel Mercier's identical twin. Also, he's a council member from France that has secretly turned against his own Covenant to help the Chiang-shih demon.

Corbin Azzo - He is a Breedline and another council member that has turned against his own Covenant to help the Chiang-shih demon.



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.