Essay Non-Fiction posted April 16, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A short essay about the human propensity to be different.

Homo Genus

by Niyuta

After watching the current video put out by the American Sikh Community, I decided to claim that I am of a Everybody Genus, which makes me a Part of the Homo Genus. I used to think I am part of Homo sapiens, but found out not all Homos are sapiens, so I changed my definition of who I am. It is a tragedy that we have to advertise like the Sikhs what subcategory of Americans we are via Social Media so we are not mistaken for the other humans, (as if we are not a one specie).

A Zebra does not have to do anything to distinguish itself from a Horse or Donkey but we the Humans have to do a lot. We have to dress, act, speak, shave or sport beards, pray to different gods in different looking structures, and the list goes on and on. In spite of having common ancestors in the Homo species, we spend lifetime building our images by artificially establishing some distinct attributes. Some choose skin color or lack of one, others look for signs from the God like the Chosen People, or a Birth according to Karma in one or the other casts and still some use symbolism like a distinct dressing of face or clothing and then the most common label-The Religion.

The Irony is, there are those who believe 'God created Adam in His Own Image', and no one is sure of what the Creator looks like and actually play safe in believing in God by following Pascal's advice on wager- The God exists or does not. Pascal advised, select, 'Exist' even though you don't believe in Him, because, He does or doesn't exist is not empirically provable. Since neither side can prove, and if he does shows up, then safe bet is, He exist.

if you believe in my most unscientifically discovered facts about us, and agree with my humble opinion that, unless we find a way to evolve by removing these divisive mentalities, we really must not claim ourselves to be the Homo sapiens; Homo erectus is more close to truth.




It is a reflection on how I feel about the need to advertise how different we are from the fellow human beings and why we have to use symbolism to have an identity. I am sharing my feelings and thoughts not making a judgemental comment on any person 's faith.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Niyuta All rights reserved.
Niyuta has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.