Mystery and Crime Non-Fiction posted April 9, 2017 Chapters: 1 -2- 3... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Arkansas set to execute seven prisoners in eleven days!!!

A chapter in the book My Extremely B-O-R-I-N-G Life!

Seven Come Eleven

by Brett Matthew West


In perusing the newspaper this morning I read an article that absolutely warms my heart. By lethal injection, the state of Arkansas is set to execute seven cold-blooded, callous, murderers over the course of eleven days beginning on the day after Easter in the year of our Lord 2017. Certainly cause for a celebration!

Please do not be a Bleeding-Heart Liberal and try to tell me liquidating the condemned is wrong or that it does not serve a deterrent. In my book, capital punishment is intended to perform two main functions and there has never been one execution that has not achieved these dual purposes: eliminate another monster from the face of the earth and provide justice to the victim's relatives. What more could be asked for?

I would be extremely prone to tell you my exact feelings on the subject of executions. That is simply however the butcher slays their victim is the exact method of execution that should be carried out against them. I do not believe that a convicted cutthroat should be allowed to inhabit a prison cell for ANY length of time. I staunchly believe that imminently, upon being convicted of this heinous crime, the assassin should be executed without delay!

The Cummins Unit in Gould, Arkansas will be the scene of these executions on April 17, 20, 24, and 27, 2017. By law, Arkansas requires that at least six witnesses who do not know the victim, or the doomed, attend every execution. If I could take an eleven day vacation, and volunteer to be a witness for each one of these executions, I would do so in a heartbeat.

Just imagine the wealth, depth, and breadth of writing that could emerge from these executions! The sky is the limit, and the inscriptions would only be limited to the talents, skills, and abilities of the writer. Hey, may as well get something positive out of the executions of these animals who have all exhausted their appeals and now wait one at a time for that final gurney ride.

Most of them have sat on Death Row for more than twenty years starting as early as 1989. That is WAY too long! Where are the same years they allowed their victims to live before murdering them? In total, these seven barbarians slaughtered eleven victims. Now, it is their turn to experience the same fate!

Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson stated, "This action is necessary to fulfill the requirement of the law. It is also important to bring closure to the victims' families." His words ring so true!

The bottom line is that if you take somebody else's life you better be prepared to lose yours. According to the Death Penalty Information Center, not since Texas, in May and June of 1997, has any state properly carried out the law and executed this many condemned villains in such a short period of time. During that time span, Texas exterminated eight abnormalities.

Arkansas's last execution occurred on November 28, 2005. Opponents of the death penalty are once again squawking that these executions could cause the condemned "unnecessary suffering." To that I ask, where was the monsters' concern for the "unnecessary suffering" they put their victims, and the relatives of their victims, through? Give me a freaking break on that lame excuse so many condemned attempt to claim.

As of this writing, there are thirty-four condemned murderers on Death Row in Arkansas. A state with one of the lowest populations of Death Row inmates in the United States. Taking into account these seven executions, in just a few short days that number will be reduced by seven, leaving twenty-seven prisoners awaiting what is certainly their much deserved fate. Additionally, seventy-one percent of Arkansas' citizenry supports the death penalty.

An example of one of the condemned prisoners is the demon known as Kenneth Williams. Like the other six, his story is simply stated as: In 1998, Williams impenitently murdered a college cheerleader. After being confined to the Cummins Unit he proceeded to escape. On a Sunday, while doing nothing more than tending his yard two miles outside of Cummins, Williams broke in to the home of Cecil Boren. He stole Boren's guns and shot him to death for no reason whatsoever before driving off in Boren's pickup truck. And, Bleeding-Heart Liberals wish to try to convince me that executing a monster such as Kenneth Williams is wrong?

I will end this posting in the words of Cecil Boren's widow Genie, who stated, "We've been ready a long time. If this doesn't happen now, who knows, I may be dead without seeing justice."

That ladies and gentlemen, is the true audacity of allowing condemned, cold-blooded monsters, who snatch out the lives of their innocent victims, to languish inside a prison cell for years on end before they receive their just deserts. It is also why I am so adamant in my beliefs about the Death Penalty and the proper manner in which the law of the land should be carried out.






Recognized


This article states my firm beliefs in the Death Penalty.







The Great Escape in B&W, by MoonWillow, selected to complement my article.

So, thanks MoonWillow, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my article.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.