Humor Fiction posted April 1, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Brett returns after an argument

Went With the Breeze

by pome lover



Brett and Vermillion

Ending scene

 
 
“Hello, Vermillion.”

“Oh, Brett, I’m so sorry, I..”

“Sorry won’t cut it, Vermillion.  You think saying you’re sorry makes everything you’ve done hunky dory, well, it doesn’t. I’ve come to say I’ve had it and I’m out of here.”

“But you can’t leave.  You can’t leave me.”

“’Yes indeedy I can.”

But Brett, where will you go?”

“I’m going home to Charleston, where livin’ is easy and the cotton is high, where there’s chitlens and grits and black strap molasses, and watermelons ripen on the vine, and the little chilluns run around barefoot and ...”

“But you can’t!  (sob) Oh, take me with you! I love you. You know I do.”

“I’m afraid that’s your problem, Vermillion.  Hey, are you wearing the living room curtains? Cool!  Well, I’m off.”

“But Brett, where will I go?  What shall I do?”

“Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a diddle-dee-squat.  You can live at the San Diego zoo.  I’m through with you.  Toodle-oo.”

But, Brett, don’t…”

 “Oh, I can’t let him go.  I’ve got to get him back. There’s got to be a way to get him back. But I can’t think about this now, I’ll go crazy if I do. I’ll think about it tomorrow.”

 “…I’ll go home.  I’ll go home…to Tara!  And I’ll think of some way to get him back.  After all, tomorrow is another day!”

“I heard that, Vermillion!  She’ll get me back when the cows come home!”

“Moo-oo-oo.”
 




What did you say? Dialog Challenge contest entry


a little fun with the end of Margaret Mitchell's book, Gone With the Wind.
and thanks to Lilibug 6 for the perfect picture.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Lilibug6 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pome lover All rights reserved.
pome lover has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.