Horror and Thriller Flash Fiction posted March 22, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Horror contest entry

Night Stranger

by RodG


I watched the stranger as dense fog slithered around my shoulders. Barely visible, he hobbled down the path that cut into a thicket of tall winter-bare trees, following a small dog. His cane harshly struck the paving stones.

Once or twice he turned as if sensing my presence. The brim of his hat hid most of his bony face. I saw only his thin lips, twisted into a grimace by a scar.

A church bell in the night. He stopped to count each doleful toll. Staring at the filmy moon, I counted with him. Twelve.

He walked on. I trailed behind silently. When he came to a small cemetery at the city's edge, he bypassed the newest graves. The dog led him to a small mausoleum centuries old.

Though frail looking, he had no difficulty pushing open the ancient door. He entered, and moments later so did I.

Abruptly he turned, his eyes gleaming.

"I felt your presence the whole way here," he said.

"You!" I hissed.

"Yes, Vlad."

Thrusting a silver cross into my face, he waved his pointed cane.

"Ha! You don't know vampires at all. Van Helsing."

I sank my fangs into his neck.



HOrror writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short flash fiction story between 100 to 200 words based on the themes specified in contest details.


Painting is courtesy of Google images.

I hope you don't mind my taking a few liberties with the Dracula myth.

Vlad--aka Dracula

Apple Pages 200 words exactly.

Van Helsing--in many of the Dracula stories/movies he is the old vampire hunter who tracks down and kills Dracula.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. RodG All rights reserved.
RodG has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.