General Poetry posted March 17, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I even hate the smell of it, but do this for the hell of it.

Cilantro Revisited

by Ogden


(My apologies to the countless multitudes who, to my consternation, actually are fond of cilantro. My distaste for it should not be construed as disparagement of them or their culinary acumen.)

I've already lambasted cilantro in a previous writing,
(If it was a person, there'd have been some serious fighting.)
I'd not have lambasted it, had I not tasted it. I hate the stuff.
I also despise cilantro's deceptive disguise, and have to talk tough.
Dreadful "coriander" is equally distasteful,
and if you serve it to me you'll find me ungrateful.
And, just so you know, the same thing goes for "Chinese parsley."
(Old Ogden Nash called even regular parsley, "garsley!")

One of the worst aspects of cilantro, aside from its bad taste,
is it seems to be in everything but ice cream and toothpaste.

I have to check the product labels in the supermarket frozen aisle,
Or else I'll be choking on that detestable leaf, barfing something vile.

A Brussel sprout is the only thing that can hold a candle to cilantro
More than one sprout is a curse, but cilantro is worse. I'd much rather eat crow.
But with my luck, I know, the crow would certainly be loaded with cilantro!



Not funny but funny writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a humorous or silly poem about something you dislike. Any style of poetry is welcomed. Length is up to you. See announcement for ideas.


NOTES
Coriander is the seed of the cilantro plant, (in the parsley family) and abuses various cuisines.
The Chinese, usually unfamiliar with "cilantro," call it "Chinese parsley."


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ogden All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Ogden has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.