Essay Non-Fiction posted March 16, 2017 Chapters:  ...52 53 -54- 55... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
How much real affect do humans have on climate?

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Human Affect On Climate Change

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President, Donald Trump
Feeling brave? If so, you may want to inquire of Scott Pruitt, the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, what occurs after you question the link between climate change and human activities? He may very well tell you telephone calls to the agency's main connector line reached an excessively high volume after he did.

In addressing this issue on the CNBC television program, Pruitt commented, "We need to continue the debate and continue the review and the analysis."

The kneejerk reaction to his remarks drew an immediate, and overwhelming, response from several environmental groups and scientists out to make a name for themselves who are involved in the climate change debate.

Pruitt's elaboration, "I think that measuring with precision human activity on the climate is something very challenging to do."

This remark was not especially well received either. Many responders were not enamored to say the least.

Pruitt then stated, "There's tremendous disagreement about the degree of impact {human activity has on climate change} so no, I would not agree that it's a primary contributor to the global warming that we see."

Pruitt's views are in direct contrast to what is posted on the EPA's website and reads, "{According to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change} It is extremely likely that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th Century."

Carbon dioxide is another alleged byproduct of human activity on climate change. According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere continued to rise at an alarming, record-setting, pace for the second year in a row.

Add the 2015 statistics to the 401.5 parts per million of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere measured in 2016, and there is no comparative precedent in the last 59 years. This is the length of time carbon dioxide levels have been tracked by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Pruitt's views on how human activity affects climate change did receive at least one scientist's support. Judith Curry, who recently retired from Georgia Tech, and is an outspoken supporter of the theory human activity plays a very minor role in climate change.

Her comments were, "If I am interpreting Pruitt's statements correctly, I do not find anything to disagree with in what he said. We don't know how much of recent warming can be attributed to humans. In my opinion, this is correct and is a healthy position for both the science and policy debates."

In December of 2016, The Donald and his children came under attack from a petition launched by the League of Conservation Voters, and David Willett, the organization's Senior Vice President for Communications.

The League of Conservation Voters had its second-largest fundraising day after Pruitt's comments aired, which prompted Willett to remark, "It's not surprising to hear people are calling after Pruitt contradicted his own agency's science."

Are humans bad for the climate? They have been on everything else they have ever come in contact with. But, for better or for worse, the jury remains out on just how much affect human activity has on climate change...if any.





Humans are notorious for damaging everything they have ever come in contact with. But, what, if any, affect does human activity have on climate change?


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.






Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my Essay.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Essay.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.