Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted March 13, 2017 Chapters: 1 2 -3- 4... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Read Author notes first, please

A chapter in the book The Road to Utopia

Ride of a lifetime

by Cogitator




Background
Breaking the chains of oppression.

"Hey, Adam, how are you doing today?"

"Great, Eve. I hope you are ready for a long ride."

"Whoa! Where is this Shangri-la?"

"Just let Siri show you the way. It's going to take a while."

"Why do you want to go there?"

"I'm tired of the system that has resulted in the pain that most people, including myself, feel today. The way society has manipulated ignorant people into serving them without consideration for those who serve has soured me. Shangri-la has no pretense, no demands, and no worries. The residents live the way we human beings were intended to live. They are called Utopians."

"That's a pretty deep statement. What makes you think you know how people are supposed to live?"

"Everyone knows what makes them joyful. To love, to be loved, to be free from fear, to not be wanting in the basic needs of living, to be able to express themselves without judgment, etc."

"Are you saying that those in Shangri-la are able to live like that?"

"Yup. This is a one way trip for me. I will no longer serve the slave masters."

"Who are these slave masters you refer to?"

"Well, this is a long story, but we're in for a long ride if you're up to listening."

"Try me."

"What has prompted my decision to leave the world of slave masters is the current administration of this country. The lack of compassion, kindness and inclusivity is glaringly obvious to me. The disregard of the ideals of the United States Constitution as written is a warning of vanishing freedom and democracy. The events that have taken place in the last half-century indicate a conspiracy by a small group to effect world domination, enslaving the population in the process. Although the plan was probably hatched decades prior, the active execution of that plan starts to take shape sometime after World War Two."

"How did you come to that time frame?"

"When Eisenhower gave his exit speech in 1960, he warned us of the unusual circumstances this country was facing. The creation of an arms industry without control was his primary concern. His words in that speech reflect the qualities of a caring leader. Having been the general in charge of the European Theater of Operations, he knew the topic of war quite well. He was probably the last truly Republican president."

"What about the Republicans that followed him?"

"For me, they were a mixture of Fascism and puppets of the military/Industrial complex. Nixon, Reagan, Ford and the Bushes all displayed the qualities of an exclusive club, ignoring the requirements of a true democracy. On the Democratic side, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter and at the beginning of Bill Clinton's administration, inclusive ideals were sought but were eventually squelched. Now, both sides of the congressional aisle are tools of the oligarchy to be bought and sold. Corruption, greed and the quest for power is leaving the majority of the population in a state of need and chaos -- not to mention panic and fear."

"So, you're running away?"

"In this day and age, there is nowhere to run. I am taking a stand and removing my support from the current system. I will no longer serve those who seek global domination. I do not need government if I am responsible in tending to my own needs and the needs of my family and neighbors. Above all, to tend to the needs of our mother -- Earth, for she is the one that creates and sustains us all. Utopians all adhere to this philosophy."

"It's going to take a huge number of Utopians to erase the current oligarchy, don't you think?"

"Definitely. However, the change will not be created by the lower levels of society. The current social stratification is normally perceived as structured by financial status. There are levels of control underneath the oligarchy that serve to keep it in power using money, perks and privileges. The more value you have in serving the oligarchy, the bigger perks and privileges you get. This is much like the military chain of command and pervades all corporations in the same way. The oligarchy fears Utopians for a simple reason. Utopians have eliminated the need for money, thereby creating an egalitarian system of cooperation, collaboration and mutual support. Each Utopian has the same opportunity and freedom as all others. The oligarchy fights very hard to prevent unity in the masses."

"Sounds like Utopia is a bit like Communism."

"It's not just a bit like Communism, it IS Communism. Most people don't know the meaning of the word and will instantly react negatively when it is mentioned. The Communist Manifesto defines the elimination of the State, not the elimination of freedom. In a true commune, it is not that no one owns anything, it is that everyone shares everything. Stalin, Castro, Putin, Hitler and Mussolini are good examples of Fascist tyranny and oppression, not Communism. Stalin killed over twenty-five million people, mostly targeting intelligentsia and dissenters to prevent true Communism from developing in Russia. The idea of equality does not sit well in the atmosphere of Fascist decadence, exclusivity and privilege."

"How is this Utopia going to blossom?"

"We sing. We awaken. We act."

"What!!!"

"We sing. We awaken. We act."

"Sing what? Awaken what? Do what?"

"Music is a universal language that everyone relates to intrinsically. The anthem Utopians have chosen to sing as they progress through each day is John Lennon's 'Imagine'. Are you familiar with it?"

"Not so much, really. I like the sound of it, but I never focused on the lyrics much."

"I know it by heart, as all Utopians do. Let me sing it to you:

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people sharing all the world...
You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

"There are many people who relate to these words and repeating these words can lead to the awakening of those saying them. Just like you, though, most listeners miss the holistic message it contains. The reason most, if not all, Christian radio stations removed this song from their playlist is fearing the loss of their adherents. The reason Fascists fear this song is because it has the potential of unifying the masses. The reason Capitalists fear it is because Utopia doesn't use money."

"It's obvious you are one of the dreamers, but what needs to be done for more people to jump onto the dreamer bandwagon?"

"They have to want to live in peace and harmony in the truest sense. They must awaken to the fact that the only caretaker and caregiver there is exist within themselves. They must commit to finding the truth within themselves before the bandwagon leaves. For example, most people believe in the idea of good and evil. The real battle is waged between truth and untruth. Lennon's first line is the first step to removing untruth. Do you believe in heaven?"

"Kinda."

"What does it mean to you?"

"It's an eternal place of bliss I can reach by being good, I think."

"Where is it?"

"Up there, I guess."

"That's the first untruth we can tackle then. There is no up or down in the Universe, only in the perspective we adopt as humans. 'Up there,' to Australians is the opposite direction of the one from the northern hemisphere. That being the case, Mother Earth is already in the heaven you believe in. It can be an eternal place of bliss and probably would be if humans didn't screw it up. Where and when did you first conceive of your heaven?"

"I haven't given it much thought actually. I suppose it was from my parents. They were Christians and were pretty dedicated to Bible study and religious activity."

"That is pretty much how untruths continue to live on. They are passed on from generation to generation simply because no logical thought is applied to why we believe what we believe. The family that prays together brainwashes the children. The Bible, Koran and Torah are all versions of folklore and fantasy that appeal to the emotional center of social animals like us. Those books create obedient slaves for the oligarchy to exploit by creating the idea of good and evil. All children are born with the knowledge of what is 'right' and what is 'wrong'. Religion is only a societal control system."

"If you think that people will relinquish their untruths to move to Utopia, you are in for a huge disappointment."

"Whether or not people will adopt truth and awaken is not my choice. Stress is created by fighting truth, not from doing work. Regardless of my (or anyone else's) point of view, truth will always triumph over untruth and no one's point of view will ever change what the view actually is. The only thing we can do as humans is strive to understand more of what that view is. That is done by sincere communication among ourselves to build a more accurate vision of what our life on earth is supposed to be. As Bucky Fuller said: 'We should stop kidding ourselves. It's always better with the truth'."

"So, you're saying we should eliminate religion?"

"Organized religion yes, Spirituality, no. All humans feel the need to connect their consciousness to the Universal Consciousness which religions would call God. For the most part, the God believers envision is an anthropomorphic projection of their own nature. They see Him as external to themselves and apply human traits to the image. This scenario cannot be true. Challenging believers is useless because debates need to be based on facts, not beliefs. Beliefs are mere assumptions and are never founded in truth or fact. We are all born with a natural connection to Universal Consciousness that can be expanded and understood if we communicate honestly. To quote Fuller again: 'We are all born geniuses, but society de-geniuses us."

"How do I get to this kind of Spirituality?"

"Making it your most important goal and committing to its achievement. You already have it in you but it is buried under indoctrination, propaganda, false values, false beliefs as well as real and imagined obstacles. Think of yourself as an onion. Your spirit is at the core of the onion and you have layers of untruths covering it. You will find your connection after you have removed the veneers of untruths."

"Can you teach me how to do this?"

"Not really, but I can relate an experience that may give you some idea about how to do it for yourself. As a young programmer, I was often called upon by my programmer mates to help identify a bug in a program they were trying to finish. Regardless of who asked, I would always proceed the same way. I would sit next to them and first ask what the goal of the program was and they would communicate that to me. Next, I would ask them what input they were using to create the finished product and they would convey that. I then asked them to describe the thought process they were going through to make the result happen. Invariably, within a minute or two, they said something like: 'O hell, thanks and goodbye.' I cannot teach anyone what to think or how to think. I can only encourage others to think."

"But I'm not a programmer!"

"Yes, you are. We are all programmed, including myself. The difference between me and most others is that I have learned to debug my programs. Every action we execute is aimed at achieving some goal, so, if you want to begin debugging yourself, you have to describe what goal you are trying to achieve. Once you've done that to your satisfaction, you would examine the input you will use to produce the result, normally your talents, skills, knowledge and experience to activate your body appropriately towards the goal. It is then up to you to examine the thought process you will create for eventual achievement. Unfortunately, most goals people aspire to have nothing to do with spirituality or self-development. To reach spiritual transcendence, we need to rid ourselves of the goals imposed on us by others, including the slave masters."

"My head hurts and I'm hungry. Shall we stop for lunch?"

"Good idea. We can continue this discussion afterwards, if you like."

"I like."



Recognized


Trying to find a better way to communicate with readers. If this format appeals please let me know. Thanks.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cakemp55 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Cogitator All rights reserved.
Cogitator has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.