Romance Fiction posted March 11, 2017 Chapters:  ...26 27 -28- 29... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Ayana gets her arm set

A chapter in the book Love is 3 Ayana Neveah

Love is Ayana Neveah 28

by Sylcastillo14

My hospital phone rings again. I hope it's not Lorenzo again I'm not in the mood at all. It is easier to reach this time. I grab it and the phone almost falls out of my hands. I hope it didn't hurt whoever is on the phones ears.

"Hello?"

"Ayana, love it's Don. Are you ok?" He says in this thick English accent.

"Don! Thanks for calling. How did you know I was here?"

"Well I was catching up on my daily celebrity gossip online and I saw a photo of Riley Ryan snogging a girl. Then I realize that the girl he is snogging is YOU!"

"Oh God! Yeah it's me. How embarrassing."

"Don't be embarrassed Love. He is a fine, fine man. You cheeky, cheeky girl," he says laughing. "Well I'll let you rest up my darling."

"Thanks for calling," I say and hang up.

Riley is still on the phone pacing back and forth. The hospital door opens and a tall, tan and bearded Doctor walks in. He smiles at me and extends his hand to me.

"Hello Ayana, I am Dr. Nyle. I am here to set your broken arm and get you casted. First I need you to sign some consent forms. I will give you a few minutes to look over them. What color cast would you like?"

"How about pink?"

"Pink it is. I'll be back in a bit."

Riley comes back in my full view. He smiles at me as the crosses the room to me. He comes to me and kisses my forehead and the tip of my nose.

"The doctor is going to set my arm and I picked out a pink cast."

"Oh, that's fancy," he says with a wink.

"How's Jess?"

"She's ok, but her fiancé, Joe is not happy with me right now. He said I was being selfish."

"I'm sorry Riley," I say looking down.

"I am not sorry at all. I am happy for once in my life. No one will take that from me." He kisses me on the lips as he caresses my cheek.

Dr. Nyle walks back in with all his casting materials he places them on a large tray. His attention goes to Riley.

"Hi there I am Dr. Nyle," he says shaking Riley's hand.

"Hi, I'm Riley."

"Are we ready?" Dr. Nyle asks.

"Yes, I guess I am ready." I say.

"I'm not going to candy coat this Ayana; this is not pleasant at all. I can't give you any pain medication until I'm finished with the procedure."

"Are you serious?" Riley asks sounding worried. It makes me feel worried too.

"Sorry this is true. The reason that I do that is because it helps me gauge if I am setting your arm correctly. It's based on your reaction, I know it sounds barbaric but it is what is keeping us out of the OR. I will try my best to do this as quickly as possible. Nurse Nique is on standby with pain medication.

"Ok," I say trembling. I am freaking out so bad right now. Riley grabs my hand quickly.

"Babe, I am right here do you want me to hold your hand?"

"Yes, please!" I am so scared that it will be more than I can bear.

"Take a deep breath Ayana," Dr Nyle says. He takes off the splint and gets into position. "Remember to breath."

My heart is pounding so hard that it feels like it's about to rip through my chest. I am drenched in a cold sweat. He grabs my hand and yanks it hard causing me to let out an ear piercing scream. I feel panic race through me. My tears are stinging my eyes I look up and see that Riley is crying too. I just keep screaming as he pulls. The noises that my bones are making against each other are making me want to vomit. They are crunching against each other and it is so scary.

"You're doing great Ayana," Dr. Nyle says. "Just one more time."


He pulls the again and I scream so loud that my throat is burning. I feel so exhausted from all the pain, screaming and crying. My focal point is Riley and he is in tears.

"Baby, I am so sorry that you had to go through that pain," Riley says. I can't respond my body won't let me. "If I could have taken the pain I would have." He kisses my forehead as fresh tears pour out of my eyes.

"Did someone order pain medication?" Nurse Nique says.

"Oh thank God you're here," Riley says as he steps back making room for her.

"Ok, sweet girl, I am going to put this in your IV it's called Morphine," she says. She pushed the medication in. My body goes warm this is a familiar feeling only it feels stronger than whatever she gave me last night.

I look to my right and see that Dr. Nyle is putting on my cast. Everything seems like it's moving in slow motion. My eyes are feeling heavy but I don't want to close them yet I need to see Riley.

"You did great Ayana," Dr. Nyle says.

"Riley," I force out.

"I am right here my love," he says. He comes and kisses my head. Did he just call me my love....maybe I am higher than I thought.

When I finally have him fully in my sights and I am fully satisfied that he is there with me, I close my eyes and fall asleep.



Book of the Month contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sylcastillo14 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Sylcastillo14 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.