Fantasy Fiction posted March 10, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Was Robin helping the poor or himself?

The Truth about Robin

by HarryT


Once upon a time, a rich father said, "I'm telling you this information because I want you to understand that greed is the way of the world. Greed gives us position and makes our lives comfortable.

"Okay, dad," the son said.

"Come, sit by me and listen closely. I want you to understand not everything you hear in school or read in books is true. One of the horrific lies perpetrated by left wing story tellers is the story of Robin Hood."

"I like that story, Dad. Robin helped poor people."

"Well, that's what he wanted people to think. Don't forget, Robin was rich himself. I'm going to tell you how he got rich."

The son questioned, "You mean he didn't help the poor?"

"Well yes, he threw them a few scraps for show. However, what you read and hear today is what's called fake news. The real story of Robin Hood is a tale of cunning deception."

"What do you mean, Dad?"

"You see, Robin did rob the rich; however, it was a well-planned ruse. The truth is that he was in partnership with the merchants and artisans he robbed. Here's how his scheme worked. Robin arranged with an owner to rob his business.

"The owner let him steal?"

"Exactly, then after the theft, the owner filed an insurance claim. Robin kept 60% of the stolen money, the Sheriff of Nottingham got a 20% and the owner received 20% of his money back plus the money he received from the insurance company. It was a win-win for all involved."

And the moral of the story is that behind every great fortune there is a cunning crime.



Write A Modern Fable writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short fable-like story where the last sentence starts with: "And the moral of the story is". This can be on any subject, true or fictional, and can be in any voice, as long as the moral is stated in the last line. A new twist on an old fable is also allowed. Be creative and have fun! Maximum word count: 300
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.