Essay Non-Fiction posted March 7, 2017 Chapters:  ...50 51 -52- 53... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The unprecedented speed of the Attorney General

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

The Sessions Agenda

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
There may be a bright side to Attorney General Jeff Sessions choice to concentrate his efforts on immigration, drugs, and violent crimes. He may have also made a wise selection to distance himself from any investigations of The Donald's 2016 Presidential Campaign.

It appears Sessions now possesses a clear path to reshape the United States Department of Justice, a project he commenced shortly after being sworn in as Attorney General.

As an Alabama Senator, Jeff Sessions maintained a tough-on-crime persona. As a former federal prosecutor, his main areas of concentration included criminal justice, civil rights, and drug policies. However, as Attorney General his earliest priorities seem to be focused on undoing the legacy items of the Democrats under Barack Obama.

The Department of Justice under Attorney General Jeff Sessions has repealed a memorandum directed at ceasing the phase out of private prisons. They have also lifted anti-discrimination guidelines ensuring transgender students can use school restrooms of their choice.

The United States Department of Justice reversed its multi-years long opposition to a critical aspect of the State of Texas's voter identification law. Attorney General Sessions has also indicated the Department of Justice may take a more stringent hands-on position on enforcing laws pertaining to marijuana. He sees the drug as being more violent than most people believe it to be.

Sessions also wants to withdraw federal scrutiny of local law enforcement agencies. This indication was strongly endorsed by James Pasco, the Executive Director of the National Fraternal Order of Police, who stated, "Support for the Police particularly in these trying times is extremely welcome and good news to our members. It's refreshing and welcome and no less than we would expect from Jeff Sessions."

In discussing the rapidness in which Attorney General Jeff Sessions is walking his programs through the Department of Justice, William Yeomans, who spent nearly thirty years as a member of that organization, stated, "This is probably unprecedented in the speed and dramatic change in course that's happened."

Yeomans also contributed, "There have been transitions before where the department headed off in new directions, but there is traditionally a period of new people coming in and studying and learning about issues before taking bold and dramatic new policy directions."




Attorney General Jeff Sessions is pushing his programs though with unprecedented speed.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.






Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my Essay.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Essay.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.