Essay Non-Fiction posted March 4, 2017 Chapters:  ...49 50 -51- 52... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Should Iraq remain one of the Select Seven?

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Trump's Newest Travel Ban On Muslims

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
(This is an Editorial)

What do Libya, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Somalia, and Yemen have in common with each other? Rumor has it citizens of these six Muslim nations will remain on The Donald's newest immigration ban order. (It is being called a rumor simply because the Executive Order has not been officially released yet) Conspicuously missing from this list is Iraq, who will be removed from the travel ban that will remain in effect for ninety days.

This decision follows pressure from the State Department, and the Pentagon, who strongly encouraged The Donald to remove Iraq mainly based on Iraq's role in combatting the Islamic State.

Also under this new plan, Syrian refugees would be banned from immigrating to the United States for six months. The ban will not include explicit exemptions for religious minorities in the countries remaining on the ban.

The Donald's original ban on immigration resulted in many detainees being returned back to the country from whence they came from. It also barred several potential immigrants from boarding planes bound for the United States from foreign airports.

Some Green Card holders were blocked before receiving special permission to reenter America, and approximately 60,000 visas were revoked by the State Department. These were later reinstated.

The Donald's initial ban on immigrants from the Select Seven was eventually blocked by the bleeding heart, obviously terrorist-supporting, James Robart, a Washington State federal judge. It was also upheld by the 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals. (Which proves even the courts do not get everything right all the time.)

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer stated, "When we have one {the new Executive Order referencing immigrants from the now, Select Six, Muslim countries} we'll announce it."

Since his address to Congress, The Donald has presented more of a delayed nature than the rushed circumstances of his original Executive Order banning the Select Seven.

In that address, he told Congress, "We will shortly take new steps to keep our nation safe and to keep out those who would do us harm."

Army Lieutenant General Stephen J. Townsend, who commands the Combined Joint Task Force-Operation Inherent Resolve in Iraq, remarked, "They've {the Iraqis} invited us into their country to help them. They are protecting us here and we're fighting this enemy that threatens all of our countries together. So, I would prefer personally not to see anything that would reflect on that except that we have a very strong partnership."





From the Select Seven to the Select Six. The Donald's newest travel ban on Muslim countries will eliminate Iraq from off that list.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.









Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my Editorial.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Editorial.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.