Essay Non-Fiction posted March 2, 2017 Chapters:  ...47 48 -49- 50... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The potential downside of The Donald's proposed budget

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Part 2 - Do More With Less

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
In my last edition of Breakfast With The Donald, Part 1 - Do More With Less, I examined the projected upside of The Donald's proposed budget. Here in Part 2 - Do More With Less, I will now illustrate the potential downside of Trump's estimated budget.

To begin with The Donald's budget faces strong opposition from the Democrats, who actually have enough power to block the plan.

With prominent Senator John McCain of Arizona leading the charge, certain Republicans also seem to contest Trump's budget proposal.

The Chairman of the Armed Services Committee, McCain claimed, "It {Trump's budget} would do too little to help the Pentagon."

McCain also remarked, "Trump's budget proposal plans would fall short by about 40 billion {dollars} and represent just a small increase upon former President Barack Obama's recent Pentagon wish list."

A skeptical Mitch McConnell, who is a Republican Senator from Kentucky, only commented, "We'll see how it works out."

Furthering the Democrats opposition of The Donald's proposed budget, Charles Schumer, the outspoken Leader of the Senate Democrats, belligerently responded, "It is clear from this budget blueprint that President Trump fully intends to break his promises to working families by taking a meat ax to programs that benefit the middle class. A cut this steep almost certainly means cuts to agencies that protect consumers from Wall Street excess and protect clean air and water."

EDITORIAL NOTE: Talk about grasping at straws. However, that demonstrates the continuously uninformed allegations the Democrats make about everything Trump does. Perhaps they should keep paying gullible people to protest in the streets? It is about all the Democrats have left to do. Even their own leadership has stated the terrible condition the Democrats are currently in. (Also, if you read Part One of this essay you can easily detect Schumer's comments could not be further from the truth.)

With the battle lines clearly drawn, The Donald's tentative budget for 2018 was set to be forwarded to federal agencies who will be offered an opportunity to propose changes before the budget takes effect on October 1, 2017.

A Congressional showdown over The Donald's proposed budget seems imminent and a shutdown of the federal government poses another real possibility. This is not to say what the results of The Donald's proposed budget will be. These comments are solely intended to provide a glimpse of what the potential fallouts from that budget could be.

Additionally, another government shutdown could occur on April 28, 2017. There remains a deadline to finish up spending bills for the current 2017 budget year, Obama's final budget could be his last parting shot at hampering the United States' ability to function.

Time will tell how much of The Donald's proposed budget is approved and exactly what government programs will face the chopping block.




The potential downside of The Donald's proposed budget.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.







Here I come to Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my Essay.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Essay.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.