Essay Non-Fiction posted March 1, 2017 Chapters:  ...46 47 -48- 49... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The projected upside of The Donald's proposed budget

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Part One - Do More With Less

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
In an effort to do more with less, the Donald has suggested a 54 billion dollar splurge on new ships, fighters, and aircraft for the United States military. At the same time, he desires to cut an equal amount of foreign aid and domestic programs from his first projected federal budget.

The economic centerpiece of The Donald's Presidential campaign, this budget announcement would fulfill another one of Trump's promises. That is to boost the Pentagon and lessen expenditures from other federal agencies.

Ten percent. That is what The Donald wants to slash from the Environmental Protection Agency and foreign aid. Border security, law enforcement, Social Security, Medicare, and programs for American veterans would remain untouched. He also insists on achieving a huge tax cut..

In explaining his budget intentions to Congress, as well as previously to a group of Governors at the White House, The Donald stated, "We're going to start spending on infrastructure big. It's not like we have a choice. Our highways, our bridges are unsafe, our tunnels. We're going to do more with less and make the government lean and accountable to the people."

John Michael "Mick" Mulvaney, the White House Director of Management and Budget, further elaborated on The Donald's proposed budget by saying, "The spike in Pentagon spending would bring the total defense budget to a record 603 billion {dollars} and that's before including tens of billions of dollars for overseas military operations."

American military leaders have repeatedly stated to Congress that Air Force aircraft, for a large portion of that pie, average being 27 years old.

Mulvaney went on to remark, "It is a true America First budget. It will show the President is keeping his promises and will do exactly what he said he was going to do. It {the proposed budget} prioritizes rebuilding our military, including restoring our nuclear capabilities, protecting the nation and securing the border, enforcing the laws currently on the books, taking care of Vets and increasing school choice."

Mulvaney also commented, "The plan {Trump's proposed budget} wouldn't add to the budget deficit, currently projected to hit 500 billion {dollars} next year, but it wouldn't reduce it either."

That point brings us to the potential downfalls of The Donald's proposed budget. I will cover this in my next posting. For now, pour yourself another cup of piping hot, fresh brewed coffee, scramble up some eggs and bacon. Throw on a little hash browns with cheese, maybe some toast, and most of all, enjoy your breakfast!




Doing more with less. That is the alleged theme of The Donald's proposed new budget.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.






Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my Essay.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Essay.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.