Essay Non-Fiction posted February 24, 2017 Chapters:  ...41 42 -43- 44... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Which pot to pee in

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Editorial: What Gender? Transgender

by Brett Matthew West

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.


Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
(Language warning placed on this Editorial because it addresses the issue of transgenders and which pot they are required to go to the restroom in.)

My wise, dear, sweet, Mother always told me you have to have a pot to pee in. She was right, like she always was.

For transgenders, the question is which pot?

Coming down in favor of States' rights, and lifting overreaching Obama-era federal guidelines, certain bans on transgenders of both persuasions, male and female, have been eliminated by The Donald. Of particular note is that these students must use school bathrooms and locker rooms that match the biological sex they were born.

Essentially, what discarding these federal protections does is place the ball squarely in the court of state and school districts to interpret national anti-discrimination laws and decide if their students have access to restrooms that match their expressed gender identities.

Betsy DeVoe, the Secretary of Education, summed it up by saying, "Schools, communities and families can find, and in many cases have found, solutions that protect all children."

Undoubtedly, the Democrats will scream long and loud about The Donald removing these protections. The cold, hard, truth is the Democrats need to wake up, and smell the reality, that they were the ones who created this issue in the first place. There is no denying that occurrence.

Part of the reason The Donald suspended these federal protections was in response to the thirteen states that sued the OBAMA, not the TRUMP, Administration. Another reason was the fact a federal judge in Texas levied a temporary hold on the OBAMA, that for the sake of the Democrats is O-B-A-M-A, guidance shortly after it was issued.

Additionally, OBAMA policy carried no force of law. It also violated the safety and privacy of other students not of the transgender nature. Especially, girls who did not feel safe changing clothes, or using the restroom, next to hormone-raging, anatomical males.

Randi Weingarten, the President of the American Federation of Teachers labor union, bemoaned The Donald's decision to void these precautions by claiming, "Reversing this guidance tells trans kids that it's ok with the Trump Administration and the Department of Education for them to be abused and harassed at school for being trans."

Oh really, Weingarten? Then, after you come back down to Earth from whatever solar system you are currently drifting away in, perhaps you should shed a little light on why a joint letter from the Department of Education and the Department of Justice reads in part, "All schools must ensure that all (inside scoop for you Weingarten, that's A-L-L students,) including LGBT students are able to learn and thrive in a safe environment." And, your answer would be?

Lifting these federal precautions also places the matter at the local level...where it can most effectively be handled.

Vicki Wilson, a member of the Special Interest group known as Students And Parents For Privacy, echoed this sentiment with, "Our daughters should never be forced to share private, intimate, spaces with male classmates, even if these young men are struggling with these issues. It violates their right to privacy and harms their dignity."

Without providing sufficient explanation for its interpretation of the law the OBAMA Administration based its ruling on its determination that Title IX, the federal law that prohibits sex discrimination in education also applied to gender identity.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions remarked, "Congress, state legislatures and local governments are in a position to adopt appropriate policies or laws addressing this issue,"

Fifteen states have explicit protections for transgender students contained in their state laws. Several other states have policies in place that cover transgender students. North Carolina has a law on its books restricting access to restrooms in government-owned buildings to the sex appearing on a person's birth certificate. As well it should be. Ten other states are considering similar legislation.

Male or female, you are what you are born. Just because you choose to claim to identify with being a member of the opposite sex, does not necessarily, in the eyes of the law any way, mean you are.









The capitalization of Obama's name throughout this Editorial was intentionally done to stress his actions and to indicate they were not The Donald's doing.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.






Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my Editorial.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Editorial.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.