Essay Non-Fiction posted February 23, 2017 Chapters:  ...40 41 -42- 43... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A major step in the right direction

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

And, So It Came To Pass

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
This is an Editorial:

I have previously stated my opinion on this topic quite clearly several times before. So, all I will say is, "Here The Donald goes again." Perhaps this time the program will be much more successful!

Under a sweeping rewrite of American policies by The Donald's Administration, illegal immigrants now face rapid deportation from out of the United States for crimes as minimal as a traffic ticket.

All illegal immigrants suspected of any criminal offense, charged with a crime, or convicted of committing criminal activities, become enforcement priorities. That could possibly include shoplifters as well as petty law breakers. This announcement was proclaimed, courtesy of memos signed by the Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly.

No longer do illegal immigrants have to be viewed as a threat to national security, be recent border crossers, or even convicted of a serious crime, to face the very real probability of imminent deportation.

It is about high time the United States took these steps to keep illegal immigrants in their own countries, where they should feel free to commit their criminal acts, instead of perpetrating them on American soil.

Crossing the border illegally is a crime, and grounds for deportation. Overstaying a visa is a civil infraction, however, those immigrants that do so are now much more likely to be deported back to whence them came.

The new enforcement plans for illegal immigrants from the Secretary of Homeland Security are designed to enforce a longstanding provision of immigration law that permits the United States to send illegal immigrants crossing the border back to Mexico regardless of where they are from. You read that right. Because of signed treaties between the United States and Mexico, these illegal immigrants could be from Timbuktu and deported to Mexico.

Once there, these illegal immigrants would await deportation proceedings to be completed. A move that could conceivably render years to finalize. Rumor has it, the Donald may plan to withhold financial aid to Mexico to ensure that country lives up to its agreements in these treaties in accepting illegal immigrants, even the non-Mexicans. Whatever it takes.

One of the first groups to be targeted are illegal immigrants who can not prove they have been in the United States for 24 months or longer. These fast-track deportations do not require a judge's order.

Another plan in the works for The Donald's Administration is to expand the immigration jail capacity that currently possesses funding and allotted spaces for 34,000 detainees at one time. The Republican Congress would have to approve all new monies the Department of Homeland Security spends on this project.

Of course, the Special Interest group known as the American Civil Liberties Union is up in arms about these new implementations pertaining to illegal immigrants. This point was illustrated by the Director of the ACLU's Immigrant Rights Project Omar Jadwat.

Judwat exclaimed, "These memos confirm that the Trump Administration is willing to trample on due process, human decency, the well being of our communities, and even protection for vulnerable children, in pursuit of a hyper-aggressive mass deportation policy." (Give me a break!)

Texas Representative Lamar Smith, a member of the House Homeland Security Committee, lauded The Donald's efforts with these Homeland Security memos when he stated, "{the memos} overturn dangerous policies from the Obama Administration."

These policies do not affect the more than 750,000 young immigrants enrolled in the Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals program, and shoot holes in Judwat's remarks. The exception to this policy would be if these young immigrants are deemed to be threats to national security or commit crimes. At that point, they need to be deported, along with all the other illegal immigrants running amok across the United States.

Do other countries allow illegal immigrants to enter their boundaries, break their laws, and escape unscathed? You better believe the answer to that question is a resounding NO! Then, why should the United States be expected to allow them to do what no other country permits?

Under the Obama Administration there were more than 100,000 illegal immigrant children, mainly from the Central American countries of El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras that were caught at the border. The bleeding-heart Democrats reunited a vast majority with relatives residing in the United States regardless of the immigrant's status, legal or not. A direct violation of American immigration laws.

The new Homeland Security memos seek 5,000 new Border Patrol agents and 10,000 Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents. (Oh, to be thirty years younger than I am. I would have already applied for one of these positions! Or, the 2,000 current vacancies that exist.) When The Donald claimed he would create more American jobs he meant what he said. There's 15,000 new ones needing to be filled. Let's get them filled!

EDITORIAL COMMENT: Walk into a crowded room of Mexicans anywhere in the United States. Yell, "INS!" See how many scatter to the winds by any means possible. That classically illustrates the illegal immigration problem facing the United States.

Maybe with the enforcement of the immigration laws that have always been on the books, and enforced, but not to the point The Donald has committed to, some of that problem will finally work itself out.

We can only hope!

NOTE: I have now written 42 daily Editorials about The Donald. Some things he says and does I agree with. Case in point, this being one of them. Other things he says and does, I could not disagree more with.

I receive many comments from those who read these postings, and yes, I do accept comments from those who agree with what I say as well as from those who do not agree with my points of view.

However, as a general rule I do not promote my writings, not even this book. This is more because of limited time constraints I have with my Freelance Writing, where I make my living.

So, in order to receive each new chapter on a daily basis, you would need to become a fan.

All are welcome to do so, if you so desire.







In case you have not guessed it, deporting illegal immigrants, especially those who enter the United States and break our laws, refuse to abide by our standards, and are handed everything life has to offer on a silver platter, at the expense of law-abiding, hardworking, Americans, who then do without, is one issue I completely and totally support The Donald on.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.





Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my Editorial.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Editorial.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.