Essay Non-Fiction posted February 25, 2017 Chapters:  ...42 43 -44- 45... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The Donald's newest National Security Advisor

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Meet Herbet Raymond McMaster

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
Calling him "A man of tremendous talent and tremendous experience," The Donald has named Army Lieutenant General Herbert Raymond McMaster to become his new National Security Advisor. McMaster is a well known creative thinker and military strategist.

In accepting the position, McMaster stated he, "looks forward to doing everything that I can to advance and protect the interests of the American people."

Along with Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly, and Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, McMaster becomes the third high-ranking military officer in The Donald's Administration.

Considering Trump possesses no military or foreign policy experience, surrounding himself with highly knowledgable advisors in these key areas is an exceptional decision for The Donald to make.

McMaster, who has served for almost 33 years in the United States Army, plans to remain on Active Duty and lead the National Security Council. The Donald will move Keith Kellogg into the role of the Chief of Staff of the National Security Council.

McMaster holds a Doctorate Degree in history from the University of North Carolina. He is also the author of the 1997 book entitled "Dereliction of Duty". This book slams the US government for what he sees as their mishandling of the Vietnam War. Additionally, "Dereliction of Duty" analyzes what McMaster refers to as "the lies that led to Vietnam."

Currently serving as the Director of the Army Capabilities Integration Center at Fort Eustis, Virginia, as well as the Deputy Commanding General, Futures, US Army Training and Doctrine Command, McMaster commanded American soldiers in Desert Shield/Desert Storm in Iraq in 1991.

In that conflict he was heavily involved in a memorable tank battle known as the Battle For 73 Easting. This conflict saw nine American tanks destroy more than eighty outdated Iraqi tanks and other pieces of military equipment.

(As a proud veteran of Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm, I can attest firsthand as to the horrendous condition the Iraqi tanks, and other military equipment, they fought against us was in. And, no, for those of you who may be wondering, I did not know McMaster. He was in a different unit than I was assigned to.)

As the Commander of the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, McMaster also saw military action in Operation Enduring Freedom, where he was involved in contesting the insurgency that followed the American-led invasion of Iraq in 2003. McMaster was also involved in conflict in capturing Tal Afar, Iraq, during Operation Restoring Freedom.

Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain reflected on McMaster by saying, "I have had the honor of knowing McMaster for many years and he is a man of genuine intellect, character, and ability."

Perhaps McMaster's tenure as the National Security Advisor will last longer than the 24 days his predecessor, Michael Flynn's did?





The Donald has named Army Lieutenant General Herbert Raymond "H.R" McMaster as his newest National Security Advisor.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.






Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my Essay.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Essay.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.