Essay Non-Fiction posted February 20, 2017 Chapters:  ...37 38 -39- 40... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
How major media helped ensure The Donald's Presidency

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Editorial: The Trouble With Trivials

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
Slanting stories, whether reporting the truth or not, in order to garnish the largest share of the viewing audience, or to sell the highest number of copies, has historically been a low most major media has far too often stooped to. However, reporting the truth is not just a number's game.

A recent example of this was major media's bootlicking coverage of Hillary Clinton, in which they attempted to portray the untrustworthy criminal as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Another instance was major media's anti-Donald Trump rhetoric, in which they continuously attempted to rip him apart over every breath he took during the 2016 Presidential campaign.

The results of the election were not those major media expected and they are still trying to understand what they did so terribly wrong. Is major media really that ignorant?

Major media desires to blame Fox News, talk radio, and the voters. Everybody but themselves. They just can not seem to grasp the reality that it was their efforts that contributed a significant amount to The Donald gaining the Presidency.

What major media is suffering from today can best be described as denial. The kind where the afflicted person faces a fact that is too overwhelming to accept and rejects it instead, going so far as to insist the fact can not possibly be true despite the overwhelming evidence that it is.

The Donald's election to the Presidency of the United States has created another issue for major media as well. For eight years major media ignored lies throughout the sham that was Barack Obama's Presidency. A stain that tarnished the White House. Now, major media is left constantly reporting "fake news." This is living proof of their denial condition.

Give major media its due though. For eight years major media flat out ignored constant lying by the Democrats, including Harry Reid's fabrications about Mitt Romney not paying his taxes. This deliberate misleading, from Barack Obama all the way down through his administration, has finally ceased. Now, it appears major media has woken up and become much more interested in pursuing the truth.

Harry Reid attempted to brush the lies he told about Romney not paying his taxes off with a simple, "I did what was necessary to defeat Romney in the 2012 Presidential Race." These were the Obama Democrats? The ones who screwed America up for eight torturously long years and left it in the extremely weakened condition The Donald has inherited it in.

Ted Koppel, the former host of the ABC television program known as "Nightline," and a highly respected News Reporter, believes "Democracy depends on facts". It does.

In the current age of relativity, it seems the standards by which truth was once measured has disappeared. This is primarily major media's fault line.

Koppel explained that notion by stating, "There may be some temporary political advantage to be gained by tearing down public confidence in critical, nonpartisan journalism, but it is only temporary. At some point or another, everyone needs professional finders of facts."

A hard lesson major media must relearn. They also need to know lies in reporting will not re-earn them the public's trust. Until major media comes to these realizations their credibility will continue to plummet. An undesirable result of major media's own making.







For more than eight years, major media has fabricated, and continues to report, fake news, lies, and flat out deceit. It is time for them to wake up and smell the reality in a story before they report it.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.






Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my Editorial.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Editorial.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.