Essay Non-Fiction posted February 16, 2017 Chapters:  ...33 34 -35- 36... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The disgraceful fall of Michael T. Flynn

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Editorial: Chaos In The White House

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
He may have served his country well, rising through the military ranks to achieve the Army's third-highest rating of Lieutenant General. But, he ended his public service career as the 25th National Security Advisor after just 24 days. The least amount of time anybody has ever held that position.

History will now remember him as a disgraced, proven liar! I guess perhaps he should have listened a lot more closely when his mama told him to always tell the truth. GASP! The shame of it all!

On the sixth day of his young Presidency, The Donald was made aware that Michael Flynn lied about his Russian contacts. What did The Donald do about the allegations? He kept his Vice President, Mike Pence, in the dark. Ever want to know how to grow a mushroom? Feed it bull and keep it in the blind.

Three-hundred-and-thirty-six hours later, The Donald finally ousted the deceiver. Why? Because of the "erosion of trust". Come on! Really? It took fourteen days and nights to finally come to the conclusion Michael Flynn was deceitful? Sell those wolf tickets to someone who will purchase them!

It was Flynn's phone calls with Sergey Kislyak, the Russian Ambassador to the United States, that his deceit centered around. It also drew attention from law enforcement personnel, namely the FBI.

However, the listed cause of Flynn's dismissal was that he "misled the Vice President as well as other Aides of the President about the nature of those telephone conversations."

This does not include he potentially violated a rarely enforced federal law, dealing with the illegal disclosure of America's economic sanctions, with the Russians before The Donald' Inauguration occurred.

After listening to those conversations through legal secret recordings by US Intelligence sources, White House officials have stated they discovered no crimes were committed. Pass the butter and smooth that one over why don't you!

Although White House Spokesman Sean Spicer offered an explanation for these events, apparently it did not go far enough for many people. It certainly failed to answer several key questions including how come The Donald allowed Flynn to keep accessing classified information and taking part in Presidential discussions with world leaders up to the day he was axed?

Spicer's comments also did not acknowledge why The Donald did not alert the Vice President to the situation at hand. Should a leader not always keep his second-in-command well informed about issues like this one?

And, It indubitably did not expound on why The Donald's Counselor, Kellyanne Conway, declared the President retained, as she put it, "full confidence in Flynn" right up to the time he asked him to resign.

Obviously, Vice President Pence was angry about the whole ordeal, particularly since he supported Flynn.

Spicer's comments were, "The evolving and eroding level of trust as a result of this situation is what led the President to ask General Flynn for his resignation."

For the Democrats, Flynn's resignation has, of course, stoked the fires about The Donald's presumed friendliness with the Russians. It has also led to Senator Lindsey Graham, the Senior Senator from South Carolina, to assert, "Congress needs to know whether Flynn was acting alone, or if he was conducting these discussions with the Russians under the guidance of the President?"

The only way to clear this whole grievance up is for those possessing full knowledge of this occurrence to come forward and provide details of what they are enlightened with. Does anybody out there earnestly believe that is going to happen? Does anybody remember Watergate?

Michel T. Flynn, YOU'RE FIRED!




In 24 days The Donald's choice for National Security Advisor, Michael T. Flynn, proved his true colors and himself to be a liar. He is also the first one of The Donald's Administration to be told "YOU'RE FIRED!" Who's next?


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.






Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my Editorial.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Editorial.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.