Essay Non-Fiction posted February 13, 2017 Chapters:  ...30 31 -32- 33... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
May the roundups of illegal immigrants continue!

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Editorial: ICEing Illegal Immigrants

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
This editorial is for those of you who may have been vacationing under a rock last week. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that. I do so myself from time to time.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to make you aware of recent roundups of illegal immigrants. Yes, The Donald's ban on the Select Seven is being hotly contested. And, as I have repeatedly stated in several of my previous postings concerning this matter, I believe that ban should be permanently installed. However, here is the flavor-of-the-day in that arena.

Amid circulating rumors in the illegal immigration community of "randomly stopping people at checkpoints," and "conducting sweeps of areas where illegal immigrants commonly hide out," agents of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency, popularly known as ICE, have been busy targeting compliance with established protocols.

ICE's Southern Region Communications Director Bryan Cox dispelled those aforementioned rumors by explaining, "ICE conducts targeted immigration enforcement in compliance with federal laws and agency policies. ICE does not conduct sweeps or raids that target aliens indiscriminately."

With more than 200 illegal immigrants arrested, and 160 detained, last week's targeted enforcements were conducted in large metropolitan areas including New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Atlanta.

These actions by ICE prompted the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, an organization governed by the rules of the House of Representatives, that voices issues affecting Hispanics and Latinos in the United States and Puerto Rico, to demand a meeting with Thomas Homan, the Acting Head of ICE.

For those illegal immigrants who sneak into the US without inspection, they have committed a misdemeanor. They can also be criminally charged if they present fake identification documents coming across the American border.

In light of The Donald's ban on the Select Seven, how many of you can honestly say you were aware that these roundups by ICE even occurred under Obama's Administration? And, since the Democrats were in power at that time, no one raised any kind of objections about them. Did they?

Now that the Republicans control the federal government, all of a sudden people want to SCREAM about them. Peculiar situation, isn't it?

Also, under Obama's regime, priority deportations were established for immigrants who committed murder, certain drug offenses, gang involvements, and violent crimes. All areas The Donald's ban on the Select Seven covered. Explain the difference between the two of them, if you can?

Of course, these legal roundups by ICE have led to misinformed immigration rights activists, you know, certain Special Interests groups, calling attention to them.

For instance, Atlanta immigration attorney Sarah Owings proclaimed, "It's very chilling for the community."

And, Angelica Salas, the Executive Director of the Coalition For Human Immigration Rights of Los Angeles skeptically chimed in with, "ICE wants us to believe they have removed a bunch of felons who were just plotting their next crime."

While bashing The Donald for every little move he makes is currently in vogue, as long as ICE is properly doing the job the American people want them to do, illegal immigrants will continue to be rounded up like stray cattle and deported out of the United States. (MOO!!!!!)

Confidentially, I don't know about you, but I am all for anything that makes America a better, safer, place to enjoy life!




Illegal immigrant roundups by ICE continue. I say may they be long lasting!


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.





Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my Editorial

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Editorial.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.