Biographical Non-Fiction posted February 10, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Memories of my life

A Dream Life

by patcelaw



















In my nearly seventy-nine years, I have had the privilege to visit many places in our country.

As a little girl of 7 years of age I the was flower girl for my oldest brother's wedding.  Our family went by car the five- hundred miles to Minnesota. There I saw my first television and rode on my first escalator, which was a delight for my twin brother and me.

I have been to many states in the United States and have seen many beautiful places. I have seen places from the air, seen landscapes while riding trains and on buses.

While in Hawaii I got to see one of the islands from above, as I was riding in a helicopter. To see the island with its many waterfalls was delightful.

I have been up in a single engine airplane piloted by my brother-in-law and my husband.

I have ridden in a boat on the Pacific Ocean near Catalina Island and seen flying fishes.

One time it was a privilege to cross the ocean from San Diego, California to Catalina Island on a catamaran.

One time our family went to the state of Washington and played in the snow on Mount Rainier on July fifteenth.

Twice I've been up in hot air balloons. These rides were my favorite of all the vehicles I have ridden in.

However, probably my favorite place to have visited is the city of Colorado Springs, Colorado. There I was afforded the opportunity to be housed for four nights in the Broadmoor Hotel. There I got to see the beauty of Pikes peak. Also, I
was thrilled to see the campus of the US Air Force Academy. The setting of the academy was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.

These places are just a few of the memorable places I have seen and the many modes of transportation I have experienced. As a little girl I could never have dreamed of such a beautiful life.


-Patricia Lawrence
2-10-17



Recognized


The photo is of me when I was about 10 years old.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.