Essay Non-Fiction posted February 17, 2017 Chapters:  ...34 35 -36- 37... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Editorial about the sad state of the Democrats

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Democrats - The New Radicals

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
Two main factors have diminished the Democrats to not much of anything remaining and left them in shambles. The first was the eight disastrous years of Kenya's Favorite Son, Barack Obama's sham of a Presidency. The other was the fiasco of the criminal Hillary Clinton's 2016 Presidential campaign and its now infamous results.

In the opinion of this Writer, as well as countless others, Clinton's illegal actions should have resulted in a lengthy prison sentence. Remember certain emails and the Benghazi Affair? This may be another wrong The Donald will have to right. A tempting proposition!

With nothing to gain, at least for the next couple of years, because they are outnumbered in the Senate as well as the House of Representatives, the Democrats have taken to protesting in the streets of America like a lost, lonely, voice crying in the vast wilderness.

These protests have included chanting airport factions screaming against The Donald's immigration plan for banning the Select Seven, and marches of women opposed to what they perceive as Trump's feminist remarks. This is the foundation the Democrats have selected to attempt to rebuild the remnants of their future with.

They have also exposed the Democrats as the liberals they have always been and their name implies. Do remember, it is the Democrats, not the Democratic Party. There is a humongous difference between the two. However, splinter groups of the Democrats, ruptured and isolated as their political party has become, are attempting to appeal to both the White working-class suburbanites and the young urbanites.

The Democrats protesting, viewed in a certain light under a high-powered microscope, conceivably have achieved an infinitesimal amount of success by disruptive tactics. These include Senate hearing boycotts of The Donald's Cabinet nominees, although, slowly but surely, these nominees are still being confirmed to the positions The Donald wants them in.

Some Democrats believe these tactics are far too liberal for their party. They also fear the results of the 2018 Mid-Term Senate contests. Especially those in states The Donald won in the 2016 Presidential Election. For good reason too. Early projections show the Democrats will lose these seats to Republican opponents when all is said and done.

Comparing the dire straits of the current political mess the Democrats find themselves in, Howard Dean, the Former Chairman of the Democrats, lamented, "They {the Democrats} can't figure out how to hand this {the exchange of power to the Republicans} off to the next generation. The time for that is at hand."

Protesting in the streets may well consume the Democrats as a political party. If the 2018 Mid-Term Election centers around national issues it could seriously hamper the Democrats, particularly in the states of West Virginia, Montana, North Dakota and Missouri.

Democrats are also fearful of the fact protestors demand they become even more liberal than they are already known to be. This could seriously impede their candidate's support, especially among more moderate voters.

Another recent action by the Democrats, many of them believe could come back to nip them in the bud, were the emails some Democrats wrote condemning Neil Gorsuch. The Donald's nominee for Supreme Court Justice. These demeaning emails appeared almost immediately after the announcement was made.

Another cause of concern for the Democrats was their lack of a credible message for Hillary Clinton. However, this proved to be the least of her problems, and only one small reason why she lost the 2016 Presidential Election. Her lack of trustworthiness was verified to be the main culprit for her defeat.

The Democrats now realize political elections are won by candidates who possess emotions and passionate positions on the issues. Two of the most obvious calling cards The Donald has displayed.









Reduced to not much of anything remaining of their party, the Democrats are wandering, looking for a new identity, so they are not just a lonely voice crying in the vast wilderness of American politics. Some political analysts believe they may never recover again as a major political entity.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.






Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my Editorial.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Editorial.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.