Essay Non-Fiction posted February 12, 2017 Chapters:  ...29 30 -31- 32... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Possible agenda for The Donald's first meeting with Israel

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

First Meeting With Israel

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
The Donald's scheduled February 15th first White House meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is shaping up to be a mutually benefitting affair for both countries.

Netanyahu possesses a long history of siding with the Republicans. However, The Donald is no mainstream Republican. Therefore, Netanyahu will still need to walk carefully, or risk being labeled as endorsing The Donald's policies that are alienating major constituents of the United States and Israel.

Dan Shapiro, the outgoing US Ambassador to Israel during the Obama administration, summed those sentiments up by explaining, "There is a {certain} risk that by {Netanyahu} seeming to associate too closely with certain proposals {The Donald's ban on the Select Seven Muslim countries, for example} and perhaps in some ways with him {Trump} personally, there's an alienation factor for other key {American} constituencies that have been part of the bipartisan pro-Israel coalition. That is something the Prime Minister may want to keep in mind."

(NOTE: Even in The Donald arranging to meet a foreign dignitary, the Democrats still want to constantly stir up the pot and make it appear Trump is an all-around bad person for anybody to associate with.)

On the positive side, The Donald would seem to be more compatible with the Israeli Prime Minister. They seem to have some common ground between them when it comes to Israel building more settlements in their hotly contested West Bank. Another area the two leaders appear to be on the same page about is the American-backed nuclear agreement between Iran and the world powers.

Along the lines of West Bank settlement, Netanyahu is expected to ask for guidance from The Donald as to what type of development by Israel the Trump administration will tolerate. Netanyahu may also pursue the movement of the United States Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

Netanyahu has already encountered disagreements with The Donald. These were highlighted by a diplomatic incident with Mexico. An event that occurred after he sent a tweet supporting the wall between the United States and Mexico. Netanyahu later apologized for sending that tweet.

Netanyahu's tweet read, "President Trump is right. I built a wall along Israel's southern border. It stopped all illegal immigration. Great success. Great idea."

Netanyahu also refused to denounce The Donald's Executive Order banning immigration from the Select Seven. Additionally, he remained silent after several groups of American Jews condemned a White House press release on January 27th, in honor of International Holocaust Remembrance Day, that did not address the six million Jews who suffered in the Holocaust.

The first meeting between the two leaders should be telltale of what may still be to come. Perhaps the best, and still unanswered question remains, what does The Donald desire from Netanyahu and the Israelis?






The Donald is preparing to host his first White House meeting with Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on February 15, 2017. To say the least, this should be an interesting occasion.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.






Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my Essay.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Essay.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.