Essay Non-Fiction posted February 14, 2017 Chapters:  ...31 32 -33- 34... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A new political phenomenon

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Editorial: Flip The Table

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
In the short 23 calendar days that Donald Trump has been the President of the United States, Toyota, Lockheed Martin, and Boeing have all been on the receiving end of one of The Donald's heated twitter tirades.

Additionally, prior to The Donald's first White House meeting with his business forum, Travis Kalanick, the CEO of Uber, the ride-share company, resigned from Trump's business council. The reason he provided was because he felt his presence on the council was being viewed as an endorsement of The Donald.

It used to take careful and long deliberations between a company's lawyers, lobbyists, public relations team, and leadership for a business to get involved in the political spectrum. However, under The Donald's regime, those days may be over and companies may be forced to move swiftly when determining their involvement in politics.

"Each business now has to look at where their customer fits into the political divide and how their company values align to what the President is doing on a day-to-day basis," is how Crisis Communications Advisor Matt Friedman explained the situation. He further elaborated with, "You have to understand your customers in real time because political ramifications are happening instantly."

A direct route for companies to express their opinions to the President, being a member of a high-profile White House council has always been noted as a prestigious symbol. However, because of the high intensity divisiveness caused by The Donald's presidency, that view may be undergoing radical change. Many Americans are currently refusing to conduct business transactions with any company perceived to support The Donald.

One of the most vocal opponents to Trump is the twitter hash-tag known as #GrabYourWallet. This online propaganda encourages boycotts of businesses supporting The Donald, and their three largest victims so far have been Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and Ivanka Trump's line of fashion.

Shannon Coulter, the lead organizer of #GrabYourWallet seems to have attacked Ivanka Trump simply because she is The Donald's daughter. Calling them "flip-the-table moments," Coulter refers to her twitter actions on #GrabYourWallet as an effort to create bad business publicity for companies perceived by her to support The Donald.

Protesting in the streets of America? (Most of it paid for by the Democrats, by the way). Boycotting businesses that provide the illusion of supporting The Donald? Where will all this insanity cease?

When companies make any type of move that could be construed as supporting The Donald they risk losing business to boycotts by customers opposed to Trump. The same is true if they appear to be anti-Trump. Then, they risk financial losses from pro-Trump supporters. This places companies in new vulnerabilities and in the long run these effects on businesses are difficult to predict.

Perhaps the biggest anxiety major company CEOs are stressing over is, as Robert Passikoff, the Brand Keys Incorporated President asserted, "The direct communication from the President of the United States {via twitter} with attacks on specific brands and specific people is not something we've ever seen before."

Editorial Notes:

Time will tell how all this attack-counter attack in the business world plays out. In the meantime, fellow Americans, isn't now when you should get your act together, pull your heads out of the sand where you have it buried like an ostrich in heat, and wrap your minds around the concept that for better or for worse The Donald is the President of the United States?

You know, this whole divisiveness fever sweeping the United States reminds me so much of little boys on the playground, the ones who say, "If you won't let me win I'm going to take my toys and go home!"

America we are so much better than all this ridiculousness.

***Next time: Postal Service Reform Act of 2017





The divisiveness sweeping the United States has also filtered down into the business world.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.





Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my Editorial.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Editorial.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.