General Non-Fiction posted February 7, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a short story

I am McIntosh

by judester


I am McIntosh. A little saucy and I make great pie. Warm me up with a sprinkle of cinnamon butter and I am golden. That first nibble beneath the shade of my leaves is a beloved summer ritual.

I play nice with other apples, though Granny Smith can be a bit of a grouch and Gala is such a diva.

The Queen of fruity, chilled cider. Delicious on a cool afternoon, as I mingle with friends beneath explosive autumn foliage.

Seriously though, my name really is McIntosh.



What kind of apple are you? contest entry


McIntosh apples truly are my favorite. There are many heritage apple trees in Vermont growing wild. In autumn My friend Sue and I drive around collecting apples (my secret stash) and spend the afternoon on her farmhouse porch making juice and cider with an antique cider press. Such delicious fun.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.