Essay Non-Fiction posted February 5, 2017 Chapters:  ...22 23 -24- 25... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The Donald believes in seperation of church and state

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Johnson Amendment

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Tump
NOTE: Let's see the Democrats, the people they are paying to protest, and others continue their smear campaign against The Donald for abolishing this amendment to the United States Tax Code. No doubt, like everything else he has done so far as the President, they will attempt to.

Religious freedom is one of the principles the United States was founded on. The Donald has vowed that fabled institution, under threat as he perceives it to be, will no longer fall under one particular IRS rule.

The rule in question is known as the Johnson Amendment and states, "Churches and other non-profit organizations that are exempt from taxation are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any public campaign on behalf of, or in opposition to, any candidate for elective public office" - taken straight off the IRS website.

If they do they risk losing their tax-exempt status.

At the National Prayer Breakfast, The Donald declared, "I will get rid of, and totally destroy, the Johnson Amendment and allow our representatives of faith to speak freely and without fear of retribution."

An Evangelical Christian, The Donald supports annihilating the Johnson Amendment that has been on the books since 1954 for tax exempt charities and churches. Action by the Congress would be required to abolish the rule.

Repealing the Johnson Amendment would become a can of worms if it only pertained to churches, but not charities. This could also result in lawsuits being filed, and open up churches to "possibly spending their resources to openly try to influence elections and for donors to get tax breaks for political contributions," according to University of Note Dame Law Professor Lloyd Mayer.

Statistically speaking, eighty percent of Americans polled by LifeWay Research, an organization, that according to its mission statement, "assists and equips church leaders with insight and advice that will lead to greater levels of church health and effectiveness," believe it is inappropriate for pastors to endorse a candidate in church.

Many religious Conservatives would also like to see protection for faith-based charities, schools and ministries who object to same-sex marriage and abortion.

***An interesting perspective would be to see what religious leaders, who are also FanStorians, would have to say about this subject. If you are one, and are willing to state your opinion, feel free to do so.***





An Evangelical Christian, The Donald believes in separation of church and state.

Evangelical Christians believe that the Gospels consists of the doctrine of salvation by grace through faith in the atonement of Jesus. They also believe in being Born Again, and that the Bible is God's revelation to humanity.

No doubt Democrats, and their paid protesting Trump bashers, will attempt to smear his stance on religion, just like they have everything else he has attempted to achieve since he became President.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are, feel free to include them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.







Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my Essay.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Essay.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.