Essay Non-Fiction posted February 4, 2017 Chapters:  ...21 22 -23- 24... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
E Pluribus Unum (Out of many, One)

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Melting Pot? What Melting Pot?

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
Many of you may disagree with this Editorial. That is one of the beauties of living in the United States. We are all free to express our thoughts and feelings here in this wonderful country we call America.

To begin with, I ask," So, America is a melting pot, is it? And The Donald's ban on the Seven Select Muslim countries has the whole world in an uproar, does it?" Well, for those of you who believe that, it is time for you to take a chill pill.

Then, after those who disagree with The Donald's ban on terrorism catch your breath from your ranting and raving about how bad a policy banning the Select Seven is, explain what you are about to read.

Many politicians, and everyday people are speaking out against the impact of The Donald's administration by yelling, "We are a nation of immigrants. This goes against our most important values. But we {the United States} also have a long record of barring immigrants, denigrating them, building walls. That's the flip side." - Erika Lee, Director of the Immigration History Research Center of the University of Minnesota.

Oops! How quickly people want to forget that chapter of American history and sling mud at The Donald for his ban, screaming, "E Pluribus Unum! (Out of many, One)."

You claim The Donald's ban on the Select Seven has vilified him, has it? Then, remarkably, he is not the only one the shadow falls down KER-BOOM! on. All Americans have the distinct pleasure of sharing that honor with him, even those screaming the loudest about The Donald's ban.

Let's examine the proof of that statement real closely. Do try to keep up here. I don't want you to miss any of this. We will start with the United States slamming the golden door shut on Eastern Europeans. Still with me? Southern Europeans? The Chinese?

America is notorious for these actions. Remember the Alien and Sedition Act of 1798? Wasn't the first incident of this "atrocious" American behavior just 22 short years after the United States gained its independence in 1776?

Even today, February 4, 2017, the deportation laws remain on the books, and that is not The Donald's book. It is the American book. Why did these laws come into effect? Because Americans were mortified that many immigrants were dangerous interlopers. God forbid, many US citizens believe that very thing about Muslims today!

Now, let's gander at the Know Nothings of the 1840s and 1850s, shall we? This popular movement was brought on by the rush of Irish and Germans, as well as the Catholics, who held incompatible values to those of the United States, flocking to our shores in massive droves.

What about the 1892 Chinese Exclusion Act that turned away many Chinese immigrants from America? The Chinese were viewed at the time as the "Yellow Peril," even though Chinese labor built much of the American West.

Now, let's don't forget about the Jews, Italians, and the Red Scare following World War One. At the same time these were occurring, very little immigration from Asia, Africa, the Arab world, as well as Eastern and Southern Europe, was permitted. Get the picture here?

The Donald is not the first American President to ban Muslims from migrating to America. Oh, but, how soon this point is forgotten by those who chose to claim he is way out of line in doing so.

For six months, Iraqi Muslims were barred from migrating to the United States under the Obama administration in 2011. Where were all the protesters then? Funny, how the Democrats were okay with that action, when it was their idea to do so.

With all these documented instances of the United States preventing immigrants from entering our country you still want to claim The Donald's actions in banning Muslims are appalling? As he himself said when speaking about how tough he would be on the Russians, "Give me a break!"

The Donald is doing nothing more than all Americans before him have always done, except for one very necessary teeny-weeny little thing that makes his actions different from those of the past. HE IS ATTEMPTING TO STOP SOME OF THE TERRORISM PEOPLE FROM THE SELECT SEVEN HAVE REPEATEDLY PERPETRATED ON AMERICAN SOIL! And, for that, you want to lambaste him?

In my way of thinking, if so many as one American life is saved by The Donald's ban on Muslims entering the United States that deserves a hearty round of applause, not all the hoopla that has been brought on by his actions. Tell me, where is The Donald so wrong but all these other instances were so right?

God bless the United States and may we always be free! That especially includes from terrorism, and those who would seek to impose such dangers on ALL Americans.

Personally, I say The Donald's ban on the Select Seven should be permanent! And, my money says that I am not alone in this belief, if people are brave enough to tell the truth.




I have decided to make this posting an exception to my general rule of not promoting my own writings.

Currently, there are 24 posted chapters to this book. It will continue to grow daily.

However, because I do not promote my writings, the only way to insure you receive them is to become a fan.

Many FanStorians are heavily engaged in conversations about these postings, and being able to express their thoughts and feelings about The Donald is something they continually tell me they appreciate the most about it.

That is one feature of my book I plan to keep on allowing, as I have from the time I began this book.

It does not matter if you agree with my writings, disagree with them, or simply want to add input to them. All comments are welcome.

So, if you would like to receive these postings and participate in the discussions about them, again, you will have to become a fan as I generally do not promote my writings.


******************************************************************************
******************************************************************************


The Donald's ban on the Select Seven Muslim countries has the entire world in an uproar, but he is so right in the actions he has taken.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your review.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.





Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my Editorial.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Editorial.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.