Essay Non-Fiction posted February 7, 2017 Chapters:  ...24 25 -26- 27... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Sad state of affairs at the State Department

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Moaning The Blues

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
Settling an extremely divisive nomination, the former Exxon Mobil Chief Executive, and highly controversial, Rex Tillerson was confirmed in a largely partisan vote of 56 to 43 to become the Secretary of State.

With a near-toxic divisiveness between the Democrats and the Republicans across Capitol Hill, Tillerson will have to address relations with Russia and China, and you might even want to throw Israel in there after they were warned about developing more in the West Bank.

He will also have to deal with the potential threats of North Korea and Iran, who recently attempted to fire a banned missile. And, Tillerson will need to reassure European and Far East allies of the United States' intentions and goodwill.

Perhaps Tillerson's first major distractions though will be to settle the mutinous state of the many staffworkers, and the diplomatic demoralization currently sweeping the State Department. These actions were brought on by The Donald's "America First" policy.

This highly volatile situation has the usually somber national security establishment, that observes key areas in the foreign policy arena, agitated and stirred up like never before.

Dissention in the State Department has been produced by The Donald's Russian overtures, snubbing NATO allies, disrespecting Mexico, and especially his now infamous Executive Order banning immigrants from seven Muslim countries.

Additionally, because many Republican foreign policy veterans criticized The Donald during his Presidential campaign, they are effectively banned from joining his administration.

Tillerson offers no previous government experience and, on top of lacking those credentials, he is a friend of Vladimer Putin, the President of Russia.

Several numbers of Foreign Service employees, more than 800 to be exact, signed a Dissent to The Donald's Order to suspend all travel from the aforementioned seven Muslim countries that it applied to in an effort to prevent terrorism. What the rarely used Dissent accomplished was to allow State Department personnel to voice an opinion on foreign policy that is different from the President's.

In part, the Dissent reads, "A policy which closes our doors to over 200 million legitimate travelers in the hopes of preventing a small number of travelers who intend to harm Americans...will not achieve it's aim of making our country safer. Such a policy runs counter to core American values of nondiscrimination, fair play and extending a warm welcome to foreign visitors and immigrants."


********************************************************************************************
********************************************************************************************

MY TURN TO SPEAK:

As long as they are not from the Select Seven, this policy does not apply to immigrants. And, if they are from the Select Seven, too bad! One American life saved from terrorism makes The Donald's policy very much effective regardless of what this Dissent claims. There have been enough American lives lost to terrorists from these countries. There does not need to be any more.

Recently, I received a review telling me instead of banning people from the Select Seven we should love them and that will stop their terrorism. To each their own way of thinking, but, having proudly served in Desert Shield/Desert Storm, I have witnessed firsthand the atrocities people from these Select Seven thrive on in the name of their Jihad. And I for one, agree with what The Donald is trying to achieve with his ban on them from entering the United States. As far as I am concerned, that ban should be permanent.

Additionally, almost every single act of terrorism against the United States from 9-11 on, has been tied to these Select Seven in one way or another. But, don't just take my word for it. Do the research yourself. The connections are well documented.

Once you have done that, then try to sell me on the wolf tickets The Donald's ban is not necessary. That will not happen!

I sincerely hope Trump finds a way around this ridiculous ruling by Judge Robart in Seattle that has temporarily blocked The Donald's ban on the Select Seven. Because if he does not, mark my words: some deranged terrorist from one of these locations is bound to strike again on American soil.

Unfortunately, maybe that is what it will take for people to finally wake up and smell the coffee pertaining to the reality of this situation.

Then, they will indeed be moaning the blues that terrorism has once again reared its ugly head against Americans. WHEN IT COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.








Controversial Rex Tillerson was confirmed for Secretary of State.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to include them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.






Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my Essay.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Essay.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.