Essay Non-Fiction posted February 2, 2017 Chapters:  ...19 20 -21- 22... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The Supreme Court's influence on the Presidential Election

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

The Supreme Court And The Election

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
Can you really believe Election Day Exit Polls? Do they carry any substantial weight at all? If so, nearly one-fifth of voters nationwide listed Supreme Court appointments as the single-most deciding factor in determining who they voted for as President.

Also, according to these same polls, sixty percent of voters backed Donald Trump because they believed he would be better on selecting Supreme Court Justices.

In support of these allegations, Mercer University Law Professor Jeremey Kidd stated, "I personally know a good two or three dozen people who voted for Trump solely because they thought he'd be better on Supreme Court Justices."

On Tuesday, January 31, 2017, The Donald announced his nominee to fill the vacancy on the Supreme Court. It was Appeals Court Justice Neil Gorsuch.

A former Law Clerk for Justice Clarence Thomas, and now a Conservative Activist, Carrie Servino said, "He will be an excellent, excellent choice."

A Conservative Supreme Court is a highly valued commodity for Republicans because of major cases that come before it including gun control and abortion.

John Malcolm of the Heritage Foundation, one of the most influential Conservative research organizations in the United States, and a Washington, D.C. "Think Tank" that attempts to influence US policy making, echoed those sentiments by saying, "There are only nine of them and they serve for a very long time."

The Heritage Foundation has had a heavy hand in helping The Donald select who he would fill his Administration with. Additionally, James Jay Carafano, a Vice President of the Heritage Foundation, as well as a member of The Donald's Transition Team, co-authored the Executive Order banning Muslims from entering the United States.

College of William and Mary Government Professor Christine Nemacheck appeared to wrap the whole issue up by explaining, "It's not surprising that when we got down to what looked like the real short list, it was an Appeals Court Judge. That's about being absolutely sure we've got the record straight."

So, again I ask, "Did the Supreme Court have the most influence on the outcome of the 2016 Presidential Election?"

*****************************************************************************************
*****************************************************************************************

NOTES ABOUT NEIL GORSUCH:

Possessing a writer's flair, Neil Gorsuch is a fast-rising Conservative Judge. At 49-years-old, he is the youngest Supreme Court nominee in the last 25 years. Gorsuch has been based on the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver, Colorado, and is well known for advocating court review of government regulations, clear colloquial writing, religious freedom defense, and law enforcement skepticism.

When announcing him as the nominee at his first Public Address from the White House as President, The Donald highly praised Gorsuch saying, "Judge Gorsuch has outstanding legal skills, a brilliant mind, tremendous discipline and has earned bi-partisan support."

Gorsuch outlined his legal philosophy by stating, "It is the rule of judges to apply, not alter, the work of the people's representatives. A judge who likes every outcome he reaches is very likely a bad judge."

Previous rulings Gorsuch has been involved with include favoring privately-held for-profit secular corporations and individuals who own them, as well as favoring those who raised religious objections to paying for contraceptives for women covered under their health care plans.

Gorsuch served two years in George W. Bush's Department of Justice.

His mother is Anne Gorsuch Burford, the Head of Ronald Reagan's Environmental Protection Agency and the first female Director of that organization.

The Ivy Leaguer earned his law degrees from Columbia University and the Harvard Law School. Gorsuch also earned a degree in Philosophy from Oxford University.

Gorsuch believes in simplifying the justice system to make it more accessible.

He is also well remembered for striking out at Liberals in a 2005 opinion piece he submitted to the Conservative National Review Magazine in which he proclaimed, "American Liberals have become addicted to the courtroom, relying on judges and lawyers rather than elected leaders and the ballet box, as the primary means for effecting their social agenda on everything from gay marriage to assisted suicide to the use of vouchers for private-school education."






Was the Supreme Court the deciding factor in The Donald becoming the President?


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.






Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to compliment my essay.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my essay.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.