Essay Non-Fiction posted February 1, 2017 Chapters:  ...18 19 -20- 21... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The ongoing battle against terrorism

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Eliminating The Islamic State

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
The ongoing US conflict against the Islamic State has occurred since September 11, 2001. In a revamped effort to increase American efforts against these terrorists in Syria and Iraq, Donald Trump is considering a wider range of options than the United States has pursued in the past.

The Donald originally stated his pledge to erase the Islamic State "completely off the face of the Earth" in his Inaugural Address. However, he has never detailed plans in how the US should defeat ISIS.

These possibilities include:

-deploy significantly more troops to the region. Currently there are approximately 5,160 troops deployed in Iraq and about 503 troops stationed in Syria.

-boost military aid to Kurdish fighters engaged in conflict against the Islamic State

-send more Apache helicopters to the battle zones

-provide additional authority to the United States military in routine combat decisions

-send an Army brigade to help recapture Al-Raqqah, the ISIS headquarters

-enhance aid provided to the US-backed Kurds known as the YPG, that has been the most effective fighting force against ISIS in eastern and northern Syria. This aid may include machine guns, heavy combat vehicles, and rocket-propelled grenades.

-better train Syrian and Iraqi troops in battling ISIS

-increase intelligence efforts

-use the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System rocket launcher

-assume a larger, direct, US role in fighting ISIS

-employ closer counterterrorism coordination with Russia

While The Donald has suggested sending an estimated 20,000 to 30,000 more troops to Syria and Iraq, military commanders are unlikely to request the number of troops deployed to the region be increased.

An increase of the size The Donald has suggested would likely unsettle the US-allied government in the area, especially in Turkey.

The Pentagon would desire more freedom in making daily plans on how to fight the Islamic State. These commanders would also prefer the authority to decide when and how to use superior American weaponry in this conflict, as well as less White House micromanagement of their efforts.

Terrorists attacks on the United States should be sufficient examples of how badly the Islamic State needs to be eliminated in order to keep America safer. The sooner the better, and, in my opinion, by whatever means possible. (That comment comes from a US veteran of Desert Shield/Desert Storm).

There are a lot of options to complete the mission of wiping the Islamic State "completely off the face of the earth," a necessary goal that will not be completed any too soon to suit many people. Choose the right one and get the job done!





Everyone knows the Islamic State needs to be eradicated in order to stop their widespread terrorism.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.






Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to complement my essay.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my essay.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.