Essay Non-Fiction posted January 30, 2017 Chapters:  ...16 17 -18- 19... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Will they help improve America's energy sources?

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

The American Pipeline

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States. Donald Trump
Hailed by Republicans and Democrats alike in energy-producing states, but protested by Native Americans, Donald Trump rapidly sprang into action to aggressively overhaul the US energy policy.

In doing so, The Donald signed Executive Orders that advanced the Dakota Access and Keystone XL oil pipelines. These actions also undid more of Barack Obama's ill-advised climate change legacy.

The Keystone XL pipeline will run from Canada to Nebraska. There, it will attach to other lines already in place that lead to refineries along the Gulf Coast. Trump also required the pipe for the Keystone XL pipeline be made in the United States. The Dakota Access pipeline is being constructed by Energy Transfer Partners of Texas.

The Donald also invited TransCanada, the Keystone pipeline builder to resubmit its application for a Presidential Permit to construct and operate the pipeline to the State Department.

Despite major protests from Native Americans, and certain environmental groups including the Sierra Club, Trump also wants the US Army Corps of Engineers to speedily review and approve easement and construction requests for the Dakota Access pipeline.

The 1,200-mile long Dakota Access pipeline would carry North Dakota oil to Illinois. It would also skirt the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation and cross Lake Oahe, a Missouri River reservoir, and the tribe's means of drinking water.

Controversy surrounds the Dakota Access pipeline because, according to Dave Archambault, the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe's Spokesman, it breaks treaty rights between the United States and the Native Americans. It also threatens their cultural sites.

Archambault lamented, "Americans know this pipeline was unfairly rerouted toward our nation and without our consent."

Texas Senator John Cornyn, the second-highest ranking Republican in the Senate, countered these comments with, "Today's news is a breath of fresh air, and proof that President Trump won't let radical special-interest groups stand in the way of doing what's best for American workers."

Until he sold them in 2016, The Donald did own a small amount of stocks in both Energy Transfer Partners and Phillips 66, the energy company that owns one-fourth of the Dakota Access pipeline.




Will oil pipelines help ease America's dependency on countries like Saudi Arabia and Iraq for its oil needs?


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.






Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to compliment my essay.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my essay.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.