Essay Non-Fiction posted January 29, 2017 Chapters:  ...15 16 -17- 18... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The Donald's ban on lobbyists

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Drain The Swamp

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
Special Interests lobbyists place a tremendous strain on government. A part of the democratic process, lobbyists attempt to persuade enactment of legislation that benefits their group, and in most cases, the lobbyist is well paid for their efforts.

However, anyone who petitions government to voice an opinion acts as a lobbyist. This regulated industry is also protected by the First Amendment that guarantees the right to free speech, assembly, and petition.

Through such measures as advertising, professional lobbyists analyze and research legislation. They also attend Congressional hearings, and attempt to educate government officials on their issues. Additionally, they attempt to change public opinions.

According to the Senate Office of Public Records, the top three industries for lobbying in 2016 were pharmaceuticals/health products, insurance, and electric utilities.

In an effort to, as he put it, "Drain the swamp," The Donald has placed bans on lobbying in Washington, D.C., where there are approximately 10,000 registered lobbyists. "Drain the swamp" became a chant large crowds would yell back at The Donald along his Presidential Election trail. This action was also the fulfillment of another one of Trump's campaign promises.

Specifically, what Trump banned was administration officials from ever lobbying on behalf of foreign governments. He also imposed a ban on all Executive officials from lobbying for five years after leaving their government jobs.

Trump's desire in taking these actions to curb the influence of lobbyists, and curtail corruption in Washington, was so individuals who want to aid him in his quest to 'Make America Great Again' would "focus on the jobs they will be doing to help the American people," and "not think about the future income they could rake in by peddling their influences after serving in government."





Although a part of the democratic process, lobbyists place a tremendous strain on government.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.






Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to compliment my essay.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my essay.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.