Essay Non-Fiction posted January 27, 2017 Chapters:  ...14 15 -16- 17... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Should American companies shutter their businesses?

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Store Closure Crunch

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
Resulting from declining mall traffic, and a less than favorable holiday buying season, many large American corporations are increasingly feeling the pressure to close more of their stores as more and more business is lost to the internet.

That is in addition to approximately five thousand stores that have been closed in the last 18 months alone. Among the most highly endangered operations are Macy's, Sears, and The Limited, that at one time grew to be one of the most powerful chains in the US mall industry.

Other major corporations with declining business include the world's biggest hamburger chain, McDonald's, with a decrease of 0.7 percent in sales during the fourth-quarter of 2016, and the oil and gas drilling Halliburton, who attributed their decline to weaker market demands outside of North America.

Macy's plans to close 68 stores in 2017, and 100 overall, and, Sears plans to shut down 150 of its locations. Although the American economy is going to take another hit, the news is not all bad.

Sprint, recently purchased 33 percent of the music streaming service Tidal, that popular Recording Artists Kanye West, Madonna, Jay-Z, and others own. Additionally, the handbag maker Kate Spade, who is being bid for takeover by Michael Kors and Coach, see their business on the rise.

In an effort to assist American businesses, The Donald met with leaders of some of America's largest corporations and promised them three significant things: a fast-track to open factories, to massively cut taxes, and to eliminate 75 percent of government regulations that hinder business.

Perhaps we should make that four promises The Donald made to these corporate leaders, because he also threatened to place a substantial border tax on any company that moves its production out of the United States.

However, The Donald does not intend to end governmental regulations on business. He told these leaders, "Now, we're going to have regulations, and it'll be just as strong and just as good and just as protective of the people as the regulations that we have right now."

Trump also lamented, "The problem with the regulations that we have right now is that you can't do anything. I have people that tell me that they have more people working on regulations than they have doing product."

Then, The Donald advised these business leaders, "Keep your production within the United States and you will be rewarded."

He also promised to provide them incentives to build and to expedite their requests to grow or start new businesses.

Economics is the one area I believe The Donald will excel in the most. I mean, how can a twice-over, self-made, billionaire not know about business and what it takes to be successful in that arena?




The one area I believe The Donald will excel in the most is economics.







No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to state them in your reviews.

As America citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.