Essay Non-Fiction posted January 26, 2017 Chapters:  ...13 14 -15- 16... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
They may be Dreamers but they are still illegal immigrants

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Editorial: Dreamers

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
Another one of Barack Obama's many abuses of power, during his tenure as the worst President in the history of the United States, applied directly to a particular group of illegal immigrants known as Dreamers.

The Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals Act, better known as DACA, was issued by Kenya's Favorite Son, Barack Obama, in 2012. This measure offered these illegal immigrants 2-year renewable work permits and deportation relief if they were brought into the United States before they turned 16 years old and lived continuously in America since 2007.

If these, so called, Dreamers attended school or graduated, or served in the military, passed a criminal background check, registered with the government, and paid $465, they did not face being returned from whence they came. What a crock!

Should The Donald overturn this Executive Order? By all means. This action alone could idle 750,000 young illegal immigrants, and possibly cause damage to the economy of our country. Until Americans take their places, that is.

According to the advocacy organization FWD.us, that was founded by technology industry leaders, 95 percent of these illegal immigrants are either working, studying, or both. FWD.us also claims these Dreamers purchase vehicles, buy homes, start businesses, and carry work permits because, as illegal immigrants, they are not eligible to receive federal student aid. FWD.us also states deporting these Dreamers back to their native lands would cost the US economy more than 400 billion dollars over the next 10 years.

What this Special Interest group known as FWD.us fails to realize is that Americans would take over these things. At that point, these alleged losses would not actually occur. FWD.us would, however, prefer that illegal immigrants be given what Americans should rightfully have instead.

In December of 2016, three Republican and two Democratic Senators introduced the Bridge Act that ultimately allows Dreamers to keep their work permits, and offers them three more years of deportation relief if the Obama Order is rescinded, which would allow Congress until 2020 to come up with a solution to this problem.

South Carolina Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, one of the sponsors of the Bridge Act, believes the Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals Act is unconstitutional and needs to be repealed.

At the same time, Graham states, "I do not believe we should pull the rug out and push these young men and women, who come out of the shadows and register with the federal government, back into the darkness." A classic example of a Senator speaking out of both sides of his mouth at the same time, don't you think?

In a December 2016 Time Magazine interview, The Donald, in speaking about the Dreamers who qualify, said, "They got brought here at a very young age, they've worked here, they've gone to school here. Some were good students. Some have wonderful jobs. And they're in never-never land because they don't know what's going to happen."

Should Congress pass the Bridge Act to keep these illegal immigrants in the United States for three more years or send them immediately packing? And, if they, the powers that be, decide to keep these illegal immigrants in America, how will that reflect on others that end up being deported? (If any of them actually do, as The Donald has promised would happen?)

(PERSONAL NOTE: Build that wall, Donald! Like so many millions of other Americans, whether they will openly admit it or not, I stand solidly behind you on that issue! It is way past time Americans take back what is rightfully theirs instead of giving it to freeloading illegal immigrants all the time!)




Dreamers, a certain age group of illegal immigrants that may be included in The Donald's "Kick The Illegals Back To Whence They Came From" Campaign.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are feel free to include them in your reviews.

As Americans, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.






Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to compliment my Essay.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Essay.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.