Essay Non-Fiction posted January 24, 2017 Chapters:  ...11 12 -13- 14... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Part 2 - Comments about what The Donald said

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Editorial On Trump's Address

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
"The oath of office I take today is an oath of allegiance to all Americans. For many decades we've enriched foreign industry at the expense of American industry, subsidized the armies of other countries while allowing for the very sad depletion of our military.

We've defended other nations' borders while refusing to defend our own. And we've spent trillions and trillions of dollars overseas while America's infrastructure has fallen into disrepair and decay. We've made other countries rich while the wealth, strength and confidence of our country has dissipated over the horizon

One by one, the factories shuttered and left our shores with not even a thought about the millions and millions of American workers that were left behind. The wealth of our middle class has been ripped from their homes and then redistributed all across the world. But that is the past, and now we are looking only to the future.

We assembled here today are issuing a new degree to be heard in every city, in every foreign capital and every hall of power. From this day forward, a new vision will govern our land. From this day forward, it's going to be only America first, America first. Every decision on trade, on taxes, on immigration, on foreign affairs will be made to benefit American workers and American families.

We must protect our borders from the ravages of other countries making our product, stealing our companies, and destroying our jobs. Protection will lead to great prosperity and strength. I will fight for you with every breath in my body, and I will never ever let you down. America will start winning again, winning like never before."

The Donald's withdrawing the United States from the TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership) on January 23, 2017, as he promised in his Presidential campaign he would do, seems to signal his intent to follow through with his promises.

For those of you who do not know what the TPP was, you're not missing much. It was simply another Obama fiasco that he said promised to promote economic growth, support the creation and retention of jobs, enhance innovation, productivity and competitiveness, raise living standards, reduce poverty in signatory countries, and promote transparency, good governance, and enhance labor and environmental protections."

In reality, all the TPP would actually have done was undermine the US economy. It was simply another Obama screw-up that even Democrats wanted this great nation out from under.

"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth, and we will bring back our dreams. We will build new roads and highways and bridges and airports and tunnels and railways all across our wonderful nation. We will get our people off of welfare and back to work, rebuilding our country with American hands and American labor. We will follow two simple rules: buy American and hire American.

We will seek friendship and goodwill with the nations of the world, but we do so with the understanding that it is the right of all nations to put their own interests first. We do not seek to impose our way of life on anyone, but rather to let it shine as an example. We will re-enforce old alliances and form new ones and unite the civilized world against radical Islamic terrorism, which we will eradicate completely from the face of the earth.

At the bedrock of our politics will be a total allegiance to the United States of America, and through our loyalty to our country we will rediscover our loyalty to each other. When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice. The Bible tells us how good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity.

We must speak our minds openly, debate our disagreements honestly, but always pursue solidarity. When America is united, America is totally unstoppable. There should be no fear. We are protected and we will always be protected. We will be protected by the great men and women of our military and law enforcement. And most importantly, we will be protected by God.

Finally, we must think big and dream even bigger. In America, we understand that a nation is only living as long as it is striving. We will no longer accept politicians who are all talk and no action, constantly complaining but never doing anything about it. The time for empty talk is over. Now arrives the hour of action."

That would be a major improvement over most politicians, don't you think?

"Do not allow anyone to tell you that it can not be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America. We will not fail. Our country will thrive and prosper again. We stand at the birth of a new millennium, ready to unlock the mysteries of space, to free the earth from the miseries of disease, and to harness the energies, industries, and technologies of tomorrow.

A new national pride will stir ourselves, lift our sights and heal our divisions. It's time to remember that old wisdom our soldiers will never forget, that whether we are black or brown or white, we all bleed the same red blood of patriots. We all enjoy the same glorious freedoms and we all salute the same great American flag.

And whether a child is born in the urban sprawl of Detroit or the windswept plains of Nebraska, they look up at the same night sky, they fill their heart with the same dreams and they are infused with the breath of life by the almighty creator.

So to all Americans in every city near and far, small and large, from mountain to mountain, from ocean to ocean, hear these words: You will never be ignored again. Your voice, your hopes and your dreams will define our American destiny. And your courage and goodness and love will forever guide us along the way.

Together we will make America strong again, we will make America wealthy again, we will make America proud again, we will make America safe again. And, yes, together we will make America great again.

Thank you. God bless you. And God bless America."

There you have it, folks. Word for word exactly what The Donald said in his Inaugural Address. The real question becomes how much of his rhetoric can he actually deliver on? Time alone will answer that question.

(One point I do wholeheartedly agree with is America First!)






On January 20, 2017, Donald John Trump became the 45th President of the United States. These were the words he spoke as his Inaugural Address.


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are, feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.






Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to compliment my Essay.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Essay.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.