Essay Non-Fiction posted January 23, 2017 Chapters:  ...10 11 -12- 13... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Part One - Comments about what The Donald said

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Editorial On Trump's Address

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
Some of you may not have had the opportunity to hear The Donald's Inaugural Address. Short, sweet, and to the point though it was, it contained a wealth of insight into what can be expected over the course of the next four years. In this essay, I will attempt to break some of its key highlights down for you.

"Chief Justice Roberts, President Carter, President Clinton, President Bush, President Obama, fellow Americans and people of the world, thank you. We, the citizens of America, are now joined in a great national effort to rebuild our country and restore its promise for all of our people."

If The Donald is able to fulfill even half of this comment then he will have proven himself to be one of the best Presidents in the history of the United States. After all the diviciveness caused by the misguided, and for America, unfortunate, last eight years under Barack Obama, reuniting this great country of ours together again is, in itself, what many Americans are most longing for.

"Together, we will determine the course of America and the world for many, many years to come. We will face challenges. We will confront hardships. But we will get the job done."

What more can the United States do than to restore itself back to the world leader it is recognized to be?

"Every four years we gather on these steps to carry out the orderly and peaceful transfer of power. And we are grateful to President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama for their gracious aid throughout this transition. They have been magnificent. Thank you.

Today's ceremony, however, has a very special meaning because today we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another or from one party to another, but we are transferring power from Washington, D.C., and giving it back to you the people.

For too long, a small group in our nation's capitol has reaped the rewards of government while the people have bore the cost. Washington flourished, but the people did not share in its wealth. Politicians prospered but the jobs left and the factories closed.

"The establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of our country. Their victories have not been your victories. Their triumphs have not been your triumphs. And while they celebrated in our nation's capital, there was little to celebrate for struggling families all across our land.

That all changes starting right here and right now, because this moment is your moment. It belongs to you. It belongs to everyone gathered here today and everyone watching all across America. This is your day. This is your celebration. And this, the United States is your country."

These were key points for why so many voters turned against the establishment in Washington D.C. and elected The Donald to the Presidency. They felt they had been left behind. Way behind! A classic, shining example of this was not being able to land jobs, that were routinely moved overseas to where the labor is so much cheaper, and the quality of products built there matches, but were in return imported back into the United States, while here in America our own people suffered on all fronts.

"What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20, 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."

The Donald's comments here are self-explanatory and spot on. It is the people who should have the say in what happens in this country, not the government. If that is what the politicians desire, let them move to Russia or Cuba, where life is run that way. This point also touches on the hot topic of immigration, and why the multitudes of people from other countries flock to the United States.

"The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer. Everyone is listening to you now. You came by the tens of millions to be part of a historic movement, the likes of which the world has never seen before.

At the center of this movement is a crucial conviction that a nation exists to serve its citizens. Americans want great schools for their children, safe neighborhoods for their families and good jobs for themselves. These are just and reasonable demands of righteous people and a righteous public. But for too many of our citizens, a different reality exists.

Mothers and children trapped in poverty in our inner cities, rusted out factories scattered like tombstones across the landscape of our nation. An education system flushed with cash but which leaves our young and beautiful students deprived of all knowledge.

And the crime and the gangs and the drugs that have stolen too many lives and robbed our country of so much unrealized potential. This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.

We are one nation, and their pain is our pain. Their dreams are our dreams, and their success will be our success. We share one heart, one home and one glorious destiny."

On addressing The Donald's comments about great schools for American children, all one needs to do is examine Barack Obama's School Improvement Grants Program, the largest federal investment ever targeted to failing schools. This program provided billions of dollars into overhauling the nation's worst schools and failed miserably, as did ALL of Obama's Presidency.

(To be continued)






Donald Trump's Inaugural Address bears closer examination, and this multi-part Editorial will do exactly that.


No matter what may be your thoughts and feelings about Trump, feel free to state them in your reviews.

As American citizens, we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.