Essay Non-Fiction posted January 19, 2017 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Will they end America's oil dependency on foreign countries?

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Editorial: America's Green Military

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
Imagine recharging batteries by walking. How about examining a solar-powered drone and many other technological advances? These are everyday occurrences in the Modern US military.

Recently, they were also showcased by Marines as part of the Department of Defense's shift away from fossil fuels that keep America dependent on oil-producing countries like Saudi Arabia and Iraq. Sounds good, doesn't it?

Donald Trump has chosen a Cabinet full of climate change skeptics and wants to end policies that undermine producers of fossil fuels. That would terminate America's hybrid electric ships and increase the risk of American troops in areas of conflict.

Retired Marine General James Mattis, who The Donald has slated to become his Secretary of Defense, is a strong advocate of Green technology, although he has not officially stated what his position on purchasing alternative fuels for military ships and aircraft is.

In the past, Republican lawmakers have attacked many of the Green initiatives of one of the world's largest energy consumers, the Department of Defense. Their targets have mainly been the Navy's Great Green Fleet that operates its ships partially on biofuels.

As demonstrated at the showcase, with the aid of tiny generators connected to knee braces, a Marine produced energy from walking to recharge the batteries. Using this method, troops can generate their own energy for up to 72 hours.

Joe Bryan, the Navy's Deputy Assistant Secretary for Energy, stated his expectations as to the future of these Green technologies by saying, "It would be shortsighted for the military not to address climate change."

A goal the US military has established in the Green arena is drawing half of its power from renewable energy by 2020, and the Defense Department wants to draw 25 percent of its power from renewable sources by 2025.

Colorado Republican Representative Ken Buck commented, "Our military should use the most cost-efficient fuel sources, rather than burning money on Green energy experiments."

The Obama Administration spent 120 billion dollars on climate change initiatives. However, the Republican consensus seems to be that US warships may leave port with a biofuel mix, but must still rely on foreign oil near battlefields. They also claim biofuels are more expensive than oil.

Where do you think military dollars should be spent? On a Green-sustaining military or on oil-producing countries that keep America over the barrel.

(Ready or not, tomorrow is Inauguration Day for The Donald. It's time to P-A-R-T-Y! Or not? This is just one of the countless issues he will face as the 45th President of the United States. All I can is, "God bless the USA and may we always remain free!" The next four years will be extremely interesting to say the least.)




Is a Green-sustaining military the best one for the United States or should we continue to be dependent on oil-producing countries that keep us over the barrel?









No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are, feel free to include them in your reviews.

As American citizens we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.