Essay Non-Fiction posted January 18, 2017 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Getting America moving in the right direction again

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

The Donald's Right Now! Agenda

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump
During the 2016 Presidential campaign, Donald Trump promised several things he planned to achieve. Among these were building a wall along the US border with Mexico, rebuilding American cities, deporting illegal immigrants, overhauling the tax code, and repealing Obamacare.

In three days The Donald will be sworn in as the 45th President of the United States with high expectations, as well as a Presidency of vision and velocity. However, Trump's largest agenda items can not be advanced without consensus on Capitol Hill.

With a full legislative calendar, the Republicans in the Senate and the House appear to be moving swiftly to dismantle Barack Obama's legacy - Obamacare.

According to The Donald's lawyer Kellyanne Conway, "The Trump effect on Washington, D.C. is not going to be a fresh coat of paint on a rustic structure. It's going to be more of a gut renovation."

Trump's agenda, and his "deal-making strongman who can blow up the Washington establishment and better the lives of everyday Americans" persona is what sold him on the masses of voters who put him in office.

These were rank-and-file Americans who felt Trump was the last ditch effort to get the United States back on track. Because in their opinion, it was the liberals including Obama and Hillary Clinton, who decided what everyday Americans wanted, not the people themselves.

Areas in which Trump's administration sees the opportunity to unilaterally act include negotiating trade deals and the selection of a new US Supreme Court Justice. However, bipartisanship could also slow his momentum down to a crawl on such issues as immigration.

According to Phil Schiliro, a White House Legislative Affairs Director during Obama' first term, "{that's} just the nature of legislation, the way House and Senate Legislators work."

And, Representative Mo Brooks of Alabama chimed in, "He's {Trump} trying to exhort a molasses-like institution to act more quickly."

Patience might become a watchword The Donald may have to learn. But, can he really be held accountable for the speed of which the Republican-controlled House and Senate actually pass his legislation?




The Donald has always been a full-speed ahead, take charge, leader.

He has never worked for anybody else.

Now, with 325,110,000 bosses, the approximate number of American people, give or take a few, will he have the tolerance to operate his agenda at the speed of Washington, that may not necessarily be his own?


No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are, feel free to include them in your reviews.

As American citizens we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about Trump.





Here I come to Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to compliment my Editorial.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Editorial.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.