General Fiction posted January 14, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Police respond to all 911 calls.

Call For Help

by Thesis


"Boston Police Department, please state the nature of your emergency," the 911 Operator stated.

"There's been a shooting at Copley Square and Boylston Street, multiple casualties," the caller stated.

"Please stay on the line," the Operator instructed, as she noticed the line went dead.

"All units in the vicinity of Copley Square at Boylston Street, report of a mass shooting. Caller hung up," the Operator dispatched to the patrol units.

"This is Sergeant McCauley. I'm here on Boylston Street and Copley Square. Everything seems normal here," he said.

Three other units arrived as the shooting started.

"Dispatch, it's an ambush!" McCauley shouted.



Drabble Flash Fiction contest entry


Every day Police are called to a myriad of complaints and 911 calls for help. They never know what they are walking into. Sometimes, they don't get to go home.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Thesis All rights reserved.
Thesis has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.