Essay Non-Fiction posted January 12, 2017 Chapters: -1- 2... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Hotly debated question about attending Trump's inauguration

A chapter in the book Breakfast With The Donald!

Attending Trump's Inauguration

by Brett Matthew West



Background
Essays about the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump.
(This is an editorial)

Attending the inauguration of a new President has historically been viewed as a distinct privilege, as well as a bipartisan event. Then along comes January 20, 2017 and The Donald.

This singular event has left politicians, celebrities, and members of the American public debating whether or not they will participate in his inauguration. Many people find themselves torn between deciding if Trump's swearing-in ceremony shows support for him or is a mere tribute to democratic traditions.

For example, Bill, and even Hillary Clinton, who Trump defeated in the 2016 Presidential Election, have decided to attend the inauguration. On the other hand, members of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir are divided after the choir chose to perform at the ceremony. As are some Radio City Rockettes, and certain members of the Talladega College Marching Band, who are also slated to perform at the event.

Fortunately for the 30-student Pride of Madawaska Marching Band of Maine, that consists of 7th to 12th graders, they will have the opportunity to perform at the Lincoln Memorial. This band does not view the politics surrounding the inauguration, only the experience of a lifetime the situation presents the young musicians.

At the same time, many Hollywood A-Listers, the glory-seeking hounds that they are, have decided to boycott the inauguration, and according to Trump, he is okay with their decision as he tweeted back in December:

"The so-called "A" list celebrities are all wanting tixs to the inauguration, but look what they did for Hillary, NOTHING. I want the PEOPLE!"

Probably no inauguration before this one has ever experienced the divisiveness caused by Trump's winning the election. People are clearly drawing lines in the sand over whether to attend this event or not.

Robert Reich, a one-time Bill Clinton administration official, seemed to sum the feelings of the masses up in his tweet, "The underlying issue here isn't the normal and noble desire to overcome partisanship and promote a peaceful transition of power."

He is correct about his assessment. The issue appears to be, that for better or for worse, Donald Trump became the 45th President of the United States. And, that is what most people can not seem to wrap their minds around.

So, the question remains: should we or shouldn't we attend his inauguration?

And, the answer is?




Future chapters will discuss ethics, issues facing The Donald as President, and much more. So, stay tuned!

No matter what your thoughts and feelings about Trump are, feel free to include them in your reviews.

As American citizens we all have the right to state our opinions. And, that is what this book is designed for. Getting people talking about The Donald.

Here I come To Save The Day, by Barb Baker, selected to compliment my Editorial.

So, thanks Barb Baker, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my Editorial.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.