General Fiction posted January 2, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Potlatch Prose Challenge.

Mad Guitar

by Heather Knight


I used to be a great musician. When I played, the air shone with the sound of my strings.

I travelled all over the world. I wanted to be the best. I needed to feel powerful, adored. The clapping after a concert was music to my ears.

Hour after hour, I rehearsed non-stop. I didn't have time to eat. I didn't have time to drink.
My guitar and I became one. I caressed her the way others like to caress women or kittens.

And then one day it happened. Those evil spirits took my guitar strings away. They stole my frets.

I couldn't understand what had happened, I became desperate. I cried on the wooden body of my beloved. And that's how they found me. Crying.

They took my guitar away and they sentenced me to prison. The prison of these white walls for the insane. There is no music here. There's no song. There's nothing. Just a void where those of us who have lost everything can float...


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.