General Fiction posted December 31, 2016


writing contest

valentine secrets

by judester

Becky bit her lip as she scrolled through his messages. The shower turned off and she quickly returned the phone to his pocket.
Randy came out of the shower, gorgeous when wet. He gave her a quick kiss and a smile.
"How about dinner tonight" he smiled and her heart melted.

They had been married now for a year and she could not bear to think of him with someone else. Last week she had found his shirt smelling of perfume and a trace of lipstick on the collar.
He had been coming home later these days.


Randy peeked through the door watching his wife scrolling on his phone. He shut her diary, tucked it back between the towels, and turned off the shower.

His wonderful wife was changing before his eyes, These past few weeks, she had been moody and distant. Last night he had come in the bedroom and she jumped like a scalded cat. She had slammed the computer shut and wiped tears from her eyes.

Since the school reunion last month, things had been different in this marriage. Was it her old flame? Did she fall out of love with him? Her old boyfriend was a up and coming painter in town, known for his watercolor portraits.

He had a surprise planned for her on Valentine's day, but it was seeming less and less important.



Vaentine's day dawned and they had breakfast in bed together, Neither wanted to bring up their suspicions.

"Don't forget our date tonight" Randy called over his shoulder as he left for work.

Randy and Becky had met each other at her cousin's wedding. Feeling flirty after a few glasses of champagne she had asked Randy to dance with her. He told her, then proved that he was the worst dancer ever. It was not a deal breaker but becky did miss dancing,












Valentines Writing Contest contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.