Spiritual Non-Fiction posted December 10, 2016 Chapters:  ...10 11 -12- 13 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Thank you GaliaG for the great art work.

A chapter in the book Spiritual Writing

Another Answered Prayer

by Teri7

Timothy is our middle son and twin brother to Jeremy. He is a lawyer and works for the Social Security Office in Il. He enjoys his job as he works with an Administrative Law Judge. He is a very intelligent young man. Growing up he and his twin were always in Sunday School. They always participated in the programs and seemed to enjoy it.

Lately I have talked to him about God and other things in life. He shocked me when he said he did not believe the way he used to. Being a mother and Christian that really broke my heart. Of course I cried after I hung up talking to him. This went on several times with the conversations. I finally talked to the Lord about it and listened to some advice that sounded strong and good from Christian sisters and brothers.

I guess it made me angry to a certain degree since I had raised him to trust and believe in Almighty God. How can you not believe in the one that made the universe, put stars in the sky and the sun and moon? Call me crazy, but it had to get here someway! I guess I know the Lord is very real as I feel Him deep in my soul. I know that He is more real than anything I have ever experienced in my life.

I decided to give it to God and I continued to pray for him and love him. I do know that we are to love each other period. Now on with the story about the answered prayer. Timothy and I were talking about his job and things going on there. As I said he works with the Administrative Law Judge and helps him with decisions.

They had cases that did not seem like they were treated fairly. Timothy is a true lawyer and that is what bothered me so bad about him. His kind heart did not seem to be as soft as it used to be. He started talking more and more and it hit my heart that he was a great young man that had a heart for people. He explained to me by saying, "Mom, I am a public servant and I want to try to help people and make them feel better. We don't always know what others are going through and what could be happening in their life."

As I listened the tears slowly fell from my eyes. I realized that I had raised a good son. He kept talking by saying, "I remember when you were so sick and it was due to doctors putting you on so much medicine. You couldn't do anything at all. I remember those times, mom!"

I thought long and hard as he continued. At that moment I realized the Lord was letting me know that Timothy was not a bad person and that He was working in this situation. See we don't always know or see the whole picture while the Lord is working. We just have to have the faith to keep trusting and believing that He is working on it. He hears everything we pray for.

Timothy told me he stayed up all last night to get an email ready for Monday to try to help all these people. This is something that has to be done by God if it works. See how God works? He will get the glory for this, not man!

As we were ending the conversation I said, "Tim, you now I always pray. I realize we have different ways of thinking, but I will always pray for you. I will pray about this situation too."

He said, "Mom, we can always agree to disagree."

So I stated, "That is right, but you are my son and I will always love you and pray for you."

I could hear a softening in his voice as he said, "I know mom and I love you too."

We ended our call on very good terms. I am praying that I will have a miracle to report on here for you all to see how good our God is! See this happened in my life and that is why when I write it's about me and what happened to me, but I am sure you all have stories to tell. I just know that we are to spread the good word to encourage others. That is why I write like I do. I am so far from being a perfect writer, but that is ok. If I have blessed someone today with something I write I feel like maybe the Lord has smiled!



Written by: Teresa A. Shortess
Copyright@2016



Recognized


May you all be happy and blessed today. God is on the throne and He is in control. Rest easy tonight as you lay down to sleep!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Teri7 All rights reserved.
Teri7 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.