Horror and Thriller Fiction posted September 30, 2016 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Dean Kuch and Gypsy Blue Rose's Hora Haiku Book

A chapter in the book Hora Haiku: A Gothic Tale of Terror

Hora Haiku Book One: Synopsis

by Gypsy Blue Rose


Dicrea and Nefartatul were opposite forces, light and darkness, good and evil, Ying and Yang. The battle between them existed since the beginning of time. Dicrea ruled the heavens while Nefartatul ruled the earth and procreated with mortal women who birthed a race of fallen angels. 

In 1509, one powerful dark angel named Elua, a direct descendent of Nefartatul, mated with a powerful human witch named Naamah. They lived in Transylvania, Romania, where they had one daughter they named Mirela. 

Her wicked mother tried to influence her.   She taught her the ways of dark magic.  The wicked witch sensed goodness in her daughter's heart and feared she would waste her power.    

The spiritual struggle within Mirela' soul was more than she could handle and one day she ran away from home. 


She was half starved and near death in the woods when Varcolac found her. He brought her back to Bran Castle where his brother Claudiu nursed her back to health.  For months the brothers and Mirela enjoyed each other's company and grew closer than any of them had ever imagined was possible. They became good friends.

Their strange childhood made them closer. They understood what it was like to be different and unwanted. Their lives were intertwined and they were clearly kindred spirits.


Vlad III the Impaler, also known as Count Dracula, adopted a human boy and on his 18th birthday, turned him into a vampire. 

Count Dracula's human servants were Alexandru 
Lukoi and his wife Crina Lili.  She was a beautiful woman and was secretly seduced by the Count. Unbeknown to Alexandru, Crina Lily was carrying the Count's bastard child.

Human women and vampires were not meant to mate. It was an abomination and extremely dangerous for the mother.  Crina Lili died giving birth to a healthy baby boy she named Varcolac.  The boy had special powers.  He was a wild child and played in the deep forest. At the age of ten, he was bitten by a werewolf.

Claudiu and Varcolac grew up as brothers and were inseparable.  They were highly intelligent and powerful like their father but kind and loving like Alexandru who raised them in Count Dracula's Castle.

One morning when Mirela awoke, Claudiu was there and she felt an overwhelming attraction towards him. He sat on the bed and held her hand. Their eyes met, they felt a small jolt and quickly pulled their hands back. It was awkward so they pretended it didn't happen.

Claudiu knew about his brother's feelings for Mirela and didn't look forward to a love triangle.   
 
In spite of their competition to win Mirela's heart, the brothers were very close and Claudiu protected Varcolac from the town folk who hunted and killed werewolves viciously if they had a chance.
 
Mirela loved both brothers but she was deeply in love with Claudiu and begged him to turn her into a vampire so they could be together forever.  Reluctantly Claudiu agreed.
 

During one of her feeding expeditions, Mirela was caught by Muma Padurii,  a witch who put a Hypnotic spell on her and buried her in the cemetery.
 
Mirela dug her way out of the ground but had no recollection of who she was, due to the spell.
 
Meanwhile, Claudiu and Varcolac searched for Mirela high and low until Varcolac found her in the witch's caves, he rescued her but she ran away before he could stop her.

 
After Mirela ran into Claudiu's arms in Bran Castle, she fell into a deep sleep and in her dreams she began to remember who she was.  

Outside Mirela's sleeping chamber, Valcolac's piercing eyes stared at her balcony and wonder who she was dreaming about.


Claudiu and Valcolac fought over Mirela and Claudiu won the battle. Varcolac was banished from Bran Castle.
 
No longer needing to restrain themselves to avoid Valcolac's furious jealousy, Mirela and Claudiu unleashed their deepest wild passion.
 
 
 
End of Book One

 



Recognized


Characters List:

--Mirela, Romanian human female, leading character
--Claudiu, Romanian vampire, leading character
--Naamah, Mirela's mother, and powerful witch
--Elua, Mirela's father and leader of the dark angels
--Dicrea, the Divine Creator, and Mirela's distant relative
--Nefartatul, Dicrea's evil brother, and Master Dark Angel
--Varcolac, werewolf and pack alpha male
--Moroi, a type of vampire
--Muma Padurii, a witch
--Strigoi, troubled souls of the dead rising from the grave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dean Kuch and I have decided to post our book's synopsis separately so as not to clutter our author notes and overwhelm our readers since the plot is growing.

The link to this synopsis will be in all our hora haiku author notes along with a link to our story's previous chapters.

Please click here to read previous chapters

Dean Kuch and I are writing a gothic horror story using only horror haiku poetry. Our hope for this collection of gothic horror haiku is that you won't just find them to be a visual experience, but an overall sensory experience as well. Some will use sound, some will not.

The story is evolving as we go. We have no fixed plot. I write each haiku as the muse moves me, then Dean, my co-author, does likewise. However, we do follow each other. I follow his haiku and he follows mine. Thus our story unfolds.

We are both excited about our unique project. We are thrilled to be bringing it here to you, all of the fine authors and poets on FanStory, for your critique and review.

Our book is based on actual Romanian Folklore.

Dean and I thank all of you for following our story. We can't wait to see where Claudiu and Mirela will take us next. Hang on! It's going to be a bumpy ride.




Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.